Saturday 26 April 2014

Fairy Platinum Dishwasher review


Savvy Circle recently selected us to take part in a campaign for Fairy Platinum premium dishwasher tablets. As well as sending us a pack to try out ourselves, they sent us through a whole boxload of trial packs to give out to friends and neighbours to help spread the word.


Inside each of these trial packs are some samples, a money-off voucher and also some recipes to try out, before testing how clean the dishes come out afterwards !



Time to put them to the test. My first thought was ooh, they're pretty - not the most important thing, I know, but all the same, it put me in a good mood when setting off the dishwasher ! It's not just a pretty "face" though, each colour represents a different stage of cleaning. Fairy Platinum's liquid-topped formula aims to provide better cleaning than ever before with a triple cleaning action : in the light blue part, an exclusive protease enzyme penetrates and weakens food residue and helps clean protein soils such as eggs, milk and protein-containing sauces; in the dark blue segment, surfactants provide grease cleaning for both your dishes and your dishwasher; and the green part adds extra shine.


Well, here are the dishes waiting to be washed. There's curry sauce, a tomato-based sauce and dried on ketchup from the kids, amongst other things. Interestingly, the first four plates up to the pink-edged square plate are going through for a second time. Madhouse Daddy had bought a cheaper own-label product to see what we thought and it was abysmal - there was food residue left on the cutlery and several of the plates looked just as dirty as when they had gone in. For this second wash, those rejected plates now had dried-on food stains to deal with.


Fairy Platinum promises to clean your dishwasher just as well as your plates so I decided to take a picture of the inside of the machine - ewww that's pretty horrible. I can see food residue and lots of grease left over from the last wash.


I popped one tab in the detergent drawer and put it on the "normal" cycle that we generally use. As soon as I opened the door at the end of the wash, I could smell a nice "clean" smell and could also see that all the plates and everything else were spotless. But what about the machine?


Well, it's not spotless but it's certainly a lot cleaner and this is after just one wash so I would think it will have more of an effect over time. It also promises to clean all the hidden grease out of the filter but I will investigate that another time as I didn't fancy touching it when it was covered in grease and grime !

I'm really impressed. It may cost a bit more than the supermarket own brand but it's definitely worth paying more for, having seen the results.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £9.99 for 30 tabs

Disclosure : As a Savvy Circler, I received the product in order to write an honest review, as well as extra product samples to give out to collect feedback and spread the word.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Persil Stain Challenge Video review

2 comments:

  1. They are pretty aren't they! I would be lost without my dishwasher, and good dishwasher tablets definitely are important, but I'm not sure I'd pay £10 for 30. I think I pay about £7 for a similar number of tablets currently and that's more than I'd like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep a check on promotions - there are some half price/buy one get one free deals that make them pretty good value, compared to other brands.I do always shudder at the price of dishwasher detergent though !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...