Tuesday 25 June 2013

Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll On review


I'm going to be Bzzing like a bee over the next few days because I have several Bzz campaigns on the go - if you still have no idea what being a Bzz agent is all about, head over to their website to find out more. You can sign up to join in with campaigns, in which case you get free products to try, along with samples or money off vouchers to pass on to friends, in order to spread the word and give your honest opinion of the products.)

The first Bzz campaign that came through was for Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll On, which promises salon wax-results at home. I have tried home waxing before but it was several years ago, involved heating a tub of sticky gloop in the microwave, was very messy and gave less than impressive results. I was therefore keen to see what I'd think of Veet's electrical waxer.

I unpacked the box to discover the contents :

• Self-heating electrical device and cable
• A base to hold the device
• A 50ml roll-on wax refill, specially designed for use on legs & arms
• A 50ml roll-on wax refill, for use on bikini and underarm (eeek my eyes are watering already !)
• Non-woven strips
• Perfect Finish Wipes
• Beginners guide to waxing booklet

I had a good look at the instruction booklet but it's actually really simple - you just pop the wax cartridge in the top, plug it in, wait for it to warm up so that the wax melts (this took over half an hour which was longer than I expected), roll it down your leg (one side of the applicator head is slanted so it fits perfectly against your skin), press on one of the strips, pull it off quickly in an upward movement and repeat until your skin is as smooth as a baby's bum !

My first impressions were very positive - it's very quick and simple (once you've waited for it to warm up), it works really well for ripping off hair (I used a free sample of wax strips that you warm up in your hands once and they didn't work at all, apart from making my legs feel sticky, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this worked !) and it's actually pretty pain-free (although I've only used it on my legs so far). It takes longer than my usual hair-removal method (a quick shave in the shower) but the results last for longer too (up to 4 weeks).

The only downsides are that you have to let the hair grow fairly long for it to work (not a problem in the winter but not so good in the summer), you don't really get enough strips, even if you reuse them twice, and there definitely aren't enough wax-removal wipes in the pack (and they are essential for getting rid of residue because it won't come off with water).

Each wax cartridge lasts for up to 4 applications so it works out more expensive than shaving but is definitely cheaper than getting waxed in a salon. I will definitely be using it before we head off on holiday so that I won't have to worry about having hairy legs for the entire fortnight, but I don't think it will totally replace my usual disposable razor for speed and cheapness.

There is a code that will give you 50% off if you buy a Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll On kit on amazon - EASYWAX4 - so it will only cost you £14.99. The code is only valid for a few more days though as it expires on 30th June.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £29.99 

for more information : https://www.facebook.com/veetuk

Disclosure : As a Bzz agent, I received the product for free, in order to give my honest opinion and share the word.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Johnson's Baby Bubbling Fun Hair Washing Challenge


3 comments:

  1. I'd tried this but didn't get on with it that well, though I think it was more down to me being inept! I'll stick to epilating I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, perfect to use before going on holiday. I don't think I'd be brave enough to try it out though, I'd buy it then chicken out at the last minute. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. read mixed reviews on this, think I will pass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...