Saturday 2 April 2016

#KitchenClearout March roundup and April linky


This month's collection definitely reflects the weather and the changing seasons - it's a great mix of winter warmers alongside some more springlike sunshiney flavours. 


Over at Dragons & Fairydust, Alison's Citrus Baklava was a fabulous way of using up the odds and ends of packs of nuts, which I also have cluttering up my baking cupboard. I've bookmarked this one !


General Tso's Chicken was a dish I remember seeing in America over a deacde ago but this was the first time I'd tried it. It is really tasty and used up lots of ends of bottles (soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger wine and sesame oil) aswell as some out of date cornflour.


I always love seeing what Jane at Onions & Paper will come up with when she starts flinging together everything she has in the fridge - it invariably works out well and this Bacon, Broad Bean & Sweetcorn Sauce is a great chuck-it-all-together masterpiece !


Galina from Chez Maximka used up some peanut beanut in these delicious-looking Peanut Butter Cookies. You can't go far wrong with cookies, in my experience !


Mediterranean Baked Fish cleared out the veg compartment of the fridge and also used up a sachet of Mojito Lime Marinade Mix that had been lurking in the cupboard for ages.


French Chicken with Garlic & Herb Wedges was a double whammy of seasoning sachets that needed using up.


Fully Loaded Potato Skins (aka Twice Baked Potatoes) are the ultimate comfort food and are great for clearing out the fridge - squidgy tomatoes, hard cheese, odds and ends of ham, ... it can all go in there !


We seem to have a glut of muesli so I decided to try incorportaing some into our constantly evolving recipe for Fridge Cake. Muesli Fridge Cake is just as delicious and sounds slightly healthier !


Back to clearing out the seasoning sachets - Brazilian BBQ Chicken with Sweet Potato Wedges & Mango Salsa was a taste of sunshine on a plate and was also a very healthy option.


I loved the way my Bacon, Cheese & Potato Wreath came out and it was a great way of using up a couple of leftover baked potatoes.


And finally, Chicken & Vegetable Soup was a very frugal meal using a couple of chicken carcasses after a family meal.

Fancy joining in? Have a rummage through your kitchen cupboards, spice rack, freezer or fridge and see if there's anything that needs using up then come and share your creations with us. Or if it's way past its sell-by date, throw it in the bin and come and tell us what you found ! It would be great if you could add my badge and a link to this post for anyone else who wants to get involved.






8 comments:

  1. I like the look of the bacon, cheese and potato wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some gorgeous recipes there - and I am ALWAYS in envy of Galina's beautiful plates and dishes.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them too, Jane! I have a "boring" posh white platinum dinner set, but much prefer to use my mismatched collection.

      Delete
  3. Lots of fab recipes, but that pastry wreath makes me drool over the keyboard (not a pretty sight, lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is simple too - look can be deceptive !

      Delete
  4. Im missing out as Im a bit of a neat freak and do not over buy things I am not going to use... but this is amazing how creative and tasty your dishes look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a consequence of being a foodie blogger I think ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...