Monday 20 June 2016

Globecooking recipe : Dulce de Leche Fondants (Argentina)


I've seen so many Masterchef contestants fall foul of their chocolate fondant attempts that I pretty much expected mine to go wrong. Well, they were a fail in the sense that the middle wasn't runny but they tasted blooming lovely and if I'd renamed them sticky toffee sponge puddings, nobody would have been any the wiser !

 Dulce de Leche Fondants


ingredients (serves 4) :

250g dulce de leche
120g white chocolate
50g salted butter
2 eggs
30g sugar
60g flour


Break the chocolate and cut the butter into small pieces in a bowl.



Melt in the microwave (or over a bain marie if you want to do it the old-fashioned way !) then mix in the dulce de leche.


Stir until smooth.


In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy and pale.


Use a silicon spatula to gently fold the chocolatey mixture into the eggs.


Gently fold in the flour, bit by bit.


Pour into buttered ramekins and chill in the fridge for half an hour. (Sorry for the messy presentation ( Juliette was helping !)


Bake at 180° in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until they have risen and gone nicely browned.


Serve hot and they should be molten inside. I made 5 instead of 4 and obviously didn't reduce the cooking time enough so mine were cooked all the way through.


They were still very nice though - beautifully light and fluffy, gooey and sticky. The perfect sticky toffee pudding basically - who needs fondants ?!

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***

If you want to try more Argentinian cuisine, how about locro, pasta frola with dulce de batata or humitas?

Link up your recipe of the week

10 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy
    No wonder there's a great big smile on his face
    They look delicious
    One for me to try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything chocolatey is nice to me. My son tried sticky toffee pudding for the first time the other day and loved it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anything chocolatey is nice to me. My son tried sticky toffee pudding for the first time the other day and loved it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was slightly concerned they'd be TOO sweet but they weren't, they were just right :)

      Delete
  4. ooh well done, these look a bit like the volcano puddings my mum used to make! I must try to do them one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have to give them another go and try and keep them molten in the middle next time

      Delete
  5. I've never made fondants in my life. Sticky toffee puds or fondants, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look so delicious. Did you buy the dulce de leche or make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a jar but it's easy enough to make with a tin of condensed milk apparently - http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Dulce-De-Leche

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...