Thursday 2 June 2016

Lip-smacking lip balms with zero calories ! (review)


I'm very low maintenance when it comes to make up. If I'm making an effort, it'll be a quick bit of mascara and lip gloss but most of the time, I go bare-faced. In fact, my 14-year-old daughter has a better stocked makeup bag that I have and I invariably pinch hers if we're getting ready for a special occasion together ! However, there is one thing that I am never without : lipbalm. I always have several on the go - in my coat pocket, on my bedside table, in my desk drawer at work, in my handbag, ... I'm in good company apparently. Katy Perry sang about kissing a girl and liking it, thanks to the taste of her cherry chapstick, and Khloe Kardashian has revealed her gym beauty must-haves, including popping on a bit of cherry lip balm.

Why stick to cherry though? I recently received these fabulous selection packs of sweetie-flavoured lip balms and I am totally incapable of picking my favourite because I love them all. It's supposed to be a nostalgic reminder of our fave teen products and a #ThrowBack to the 90's (erm I was way out of my teens by then !) so I may have to go back to another 80's throwback and have a different flavour each day, like the multipacks of knickers with a different day of the week on each one ! 

In the Jelly Belly pack, which has an RRP of £12, we (yes, we, I'm a nice mum and shared them !) discovered Berry Blue, Wild Blackberry,  Strawberry Jam, Very Cherry, Tutti Fruitti, Tangerine, Buttered Popcorn and Mango. 

Jelly Belly Jelly Beans just happen to be my ultimate favourite sweet, but I am partial to a bit of chocolate too, and the whole family love American imports, so the Hershey's pack (RRP £6) really appealed to us. In this triple pack, you have the choice between Hershey's chocolate, Hershey's Kisses and Reese's - a particular favourite of ours in its real chocolate form.

The kids love playing at closing their eyes and seeing who can correctly identify the most flavours and we have discovered that they are quite easily identifiable and do indeed smell like what they are supposed to represent. In terms of lipbalm, they're not as moisturising as "proper"grown-up, more expensive lip balms but they are a lot of fun and they taste great. A few of them are lightly tinted so we keep those ones for night time (because I usually apply lip balm blind and don't want to risk walking aroud with it all over my face !). The multi-packs make great little gifts for fans of lip balm, Americana or jelly bean lovers/chocaholics who are trying to cut down on the calories !

Available at various stockists, including Claire's

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. A pity they don't have a coconut flavour in Jelly Belly pack, it's my favourite Jelly Belly. Though mango sounds super. I use a lip balm regularly too, and have a few scattered around the house. Eddie calls it "lickstip".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @ lickstip. I won't tell you what Pierre used to call popcorn ! ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love these balms
    Always keep my lip in tip top condition and love the scent
    Not sure they prevent me eating chocolate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these balms
    Always keep my lip in tip top condition and love the scent
    Not sure they prevent me eating chocolate xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...