Wednesday 15 June 2016

Madhouse recipe : Choc Shot Oat Cookies


A few weeks ago, Galina over at Chez Maximka posted a recipe for Chocolate Oat Cookies. As I still have a cupboard full of oats (both normal porridge oats and also Ready Brek which is very finely chopped oats), I thought it would be a great recipe to try. As I was experimenting with new and healthy ingredients, I decided to try them with Choc Shot instead of chocolate hazelnut spread which worked very well (although I then topped them with Smarties at the Madhouse kids' request, so they didn't end up as healthy as they could have been !)

Choc Shot Oat Cookies


ingredients :

60g margarine
60g caster sugar
2tbsp Choc Shot
160g plain flour
65g oats
1 egg
Smarties (optional)


Cream together the margarine and sugar.


Add the egg and mix it in.


Squeeze in the Choc Shot and give it a stir.


Add the flour and oats and stir to combine.


Throw in a handful of mini Smarties if you want.


Use your hands to pull off golfball sized lumps and roll them into balls.


Put them on a baking tray and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Add a few extra smarties to the top. Bake at 180° for about 15 minutes -  as Galina says, they will still be soft when you take them out so don't overcook them. (Like I did, adding extra cooking time because they didn't seem cooked - they came out rock hard but the kids still ate them !)

8 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to oats but they look so yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind mention! Your cookies look very festive! I haven't thought of adding ChocShot to cookies, a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids will like these. The first time I made cookies I overcooked them as still soft so thought needed more cooking time but were still nice. Learn from mistakes

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids will like these. The first time I made cookies I overcooked them as still soft so thought needed more cooking time but were still nice. Learn from mistakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - I always tweak recipes to try to improve them too.

      Delete
  5. These look amazing - I must try baking them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yummy, my 4 year old is obsessed with chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...