Monday 26 September 2016

#KitchenClearout September roundup and October linky


This month and next month, the #KitchenClearout linkies will be slightly out of sync while I ease them back to the start of the month, because I couldn't do the double-month one that I wanted over the summer due to the free link-up tool having a maximum length of 33 days.

Nevertheless, I have a lovely collection of recipes to share with you this month - we're definitely very skilled when it comes to finding ways of using up the odds and ends that are cluttering up our cupboards, fridges and spice racks !


Cheesy Tomato, Olive & Mince Rice was a tasty, family-friendly way of winding down the fridge before going on holiday.


Coconut & Honey Briouates came out tasting surprisingly authentically Moroccan despite being an ingenious way of using up some chocolate Ready Brek ! This post also shows you how to resurrect filo pastry that has dried out, rather than throwing it in the bin.


Inspired by a recipe from a previous #KitchenClearout linky from the lovely Jane at Onions and Paper, I made these homemade burgers to use up a bottle of BBQ sauce (one of many in the cupboard/fridge !).


Courgette & Tomato Quiche is a great way of using up the odds and ends from the veg drawer in the fridge and sneaking extra veggies into the kids' diets !


 These delicious Coconut & Raspberry Cupcakes used up the last of a tub of frozen raspberries that had been lurking in the freezer for over a year !


Don't throw pastry scraps away - transform them into these quick and simple Parmesan & Black Onion Seed Straws


Shaheen from the Allotment 2 Kitchen blog joined in for the first time, with this fabulous Turmeric Butter Beans, Yellow Pepper and Yellow Courgette Stew. Healthy and tasty.


Alison from Dragons & Fairydust linked up this gorgeous Turkey Piccata with Lime Sauce, a zingy twist on the usual piccata sauce made with lemon juice and capers, that looks very tasty and summery.


Always clever with her cakes and bakes, Galina from Chez Maximka made these dairy-free pear multiseed muffins using up a bag of breakfast seeds. I think that means that these are definitely allowed for breakfast !


I haven't managed to go blackberrying this year, but Alison from Dragons & Fairy Dust did, and she made this fabulously fruity Blackberry & Raspberry Drizzle Cake to use up the fruit from her garden. I love lemon drizzle cake and I'd never thought of using other fruit, but it looks amazing so I'll have to have a play.


Alison has definitely been having a summer of baking because she linked up these fabulous Macadamia Nut Blondies too - they make me think of my favourite Macadamia Nut Haagen Dazs ice cream so they get a definite thumbs up from me ! 


Galina was back with another lovely autumnal bake, an apple and raisin cake, using up some of the apples from her garden. I'd love to have a glut of fruit to use up but we don't get much on our patio !


Staying on the apple theme, I made maple apple chicken which was a big hit with the kids because it was sweet and sticky.


You'll never throw away another chicken carcass when you see how easy it is too make this delicious, creamy curried chicken soup - the perfect autumn/winter warmer.

As always, a lovely collection of recipes that turned things into tummy-fill instead of landfill ! We got very creative with the last of the summer fruit and the start of the autumn crop, which is great because it shows we're using seasonal produce too - extra kudos to us all !

Can't wait to see what this month will bring - I predict that we'll be moving on to warming slow cooked meals and comfort food as the nights draw in and the temperatures start to drop. A big thankyou again to everyone who linked up :)


Fancy joining in? Have a rummage through your kitchen cupboards, spice rack, freezer or fridge and see if there's anything that needs using up then come and share your creations with us. Or if it's way past its sell-by date, throw it in the bin and come and tell us what you found ! It would be great if you could add my badge and a link to this post for anyone else who wants to get involved.







8 comments:

  1. What a great selection of recipes this month. Will have to see what I can clearout for October

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great clear out
    Since I've been following you I haven't really got much at the back of my cupboards

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now cook most recipes, thinking if I can add them to the #KitchenClearout. :) A fantastic selection of recipes, with lots of ideas for using odd bits and bobs from the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - I always head to the cupboard and fridge before writing the weekly shopping list now so it's obviously changing the way I think too !

      Delete
  4. So many fab ideas again, I love these posts, thanks for hosting and sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered if they'd start getting repetitive after a while but obviously not ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...