Friday 30 September 2016

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 30/9


I sat down to this week's menu plan with a clean slate for once - no blogger cookery challenges to fit in, no Kitchen Trotter box that has just arrived with a new exotic foodie destination to discover (although there is one on the way - I'm keeping an eye out for the postie !) so it's a time for old family faves and a look through my extensive collection of bookmarked recipes to try. I think there will definitely be an autumnal theme going on though as the temperatures have plummeted lately and it starting to feel damp in the mornings.

Saturday 

lunch - probably McDonalds as it's a nice way of easing into the weekend and it's turned into a tradition :)

dinner - homemade soup and if I can be bothered to drag out the bread machine, homemade bread too

Sunday

lunch - probably a roast dinner- chicken or pork are usually the go-to options

dinner - cheese on toast or leftover soup

Monday 

dinner - a pie made with the leftover chicken (or pork), roast potatoes and any veggies, plus some chopped sausages if it needs padding out, and a side order of veg of some shape or form ... peas and carrots if I can't think of anything more exciting !

Tuesday 


dinner - tartiflette - baked potato wedges topped with bacon, onions and a whole stinky reblochon cheese - French autumn comfort food at it's finest (and a special request from Sophie)

Wednesday 

lunch -Salisbury steak with root veg mash, baked tomatoes and maybe pepper sauce


dinner - salmon with risotto and broccoli (and a curry sauce on the side)

Thursday 

dinner - cottage pie because it got bumped off the menu last week - made on my Wednesday afternoon off, if I'm organised so it's ready to throw in the oven when I get home from work

Friday 

dinner - Day off ! I always end up having one day a week where the fridge is overflowing with leftovers and I don't need to cook, so I'll go for a dead easy spag bol if needed, but it'll probably be leftovers !


***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the #MealPlanningMonday bloghop :



4 comments:

  1. Love your menus
    Always inspiring me

    ReplyDelete
  2. The root veg mash has made me hungry and will probably be featuring on my menu next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a great way of sneaking veg into the kids without them noticing !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...