Sunday 4 November 2012

Sunday weigh-in - No change


At the start of the week, I was expecting this week's weigh-in to be a disaster. Last Sunday was my birthday so straight after my weigh-in, I settled in for a day of roast dinner, birthday cake and picking through the tin of Roses I was given for my birthday. Then there was Halloween and the huge carrier bag of sweets the kids managed to collect. Then there was the Fudgeridoo fudge that needed reviewing. And the tub of Ben & Jerry's in the freezer. Oh, not to mention the eat-all-you-like Chinese buffet.

Then I started thinking objectively about all of the above and how it could have been worse :

- I did have roast dinner and cake but didn't eat anything except a yoghurt and a piece of fruit in the evening because I wasn't hungry.

- I only had a couple of Roses and didn't feel obliged to have one every time I walked past the tin.

- I've only eaten about 3 sweets out of the entire Halloween haul (and only because they're my utter faves).

- The Fudgeridoo fudge was chopped into 5 parts so we only had a small serving each.

-  The Ben & Jerry's freaked me out actually ! - I sat down to indulge in a mini-tub, ate three spoonfuls (the little wooden spoon thing that comes with it) and thought "that's enough really, I've had enough to calm my cravings, why not stick it back in the freezer and finish it another day ?" - which I did. Aaaaggghhh that's just not me, must be the Slimpod !

- At the Chinese buffet, I had a huge plate of salad then went heavy on the veggie/stir-fried/steamed options. And I left half of my plateful when I felt full, rather than polishing off the lot just because it was nice.

Then, yesterday, I was struck down by the dreaded lurgy - not sure what it was but it was a 24-hour-bug that had me spending the whole day in bed sleeping - so the only thing I ate all day was a bowl of soup and some bread in the evening.

I was convinced going a whole day without food would have an influence so I was slightly disappointed to see that this week was a no-change. But that has just reminded me that Sandra from @ThinkingSlimmer said I should track my measurements because there's a high chance I'm losing inches even if I'm not losing weight (and if there's one thing I've learnt, it's that she's always right, even when I'm sure she isn't !). I should also start tracking my points on WeightWatchers again because I've had a couple of weeks off doing that.

Good luck to everyone else in the weight-loss gang and, for all you SlimPodders or would-be Slimpodders, there is a weekly #SlimPodClub twitter party at @ThinkingSlimmer at 8.30pm on Tuesdays which is a great place to compare notes, get advice and share weightloss tips and success stories. :)

START WEIGHT : 91.4kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 80.3kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 80.3kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  11.1kg
STILL TO GO : 14.3kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0kg


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

The fab linky that Sarah created is back again this week so you can all add your blogposts again - and the amazing thing is, you can add it to any of the blogs featuring it and you'll show up on all of them. How cool is that ?! You'll also get loads of lovely comments to cheer you on or cheer you up, depending on how your week has been ! Good luck everyone - I look forward to reading your posts.









Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefitted from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.



12 comments:

  1. hope you're feeling better this morning. You made some good choices this week, I am impressed and hope when the time comes I make the same ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very objective view of the week, shows you're really making some good lifestyle changes, which is surely the key to success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better today Cheryl. It's so cool the way the slimpod works it's magic isn't it, like the way you only ate a little ice cream. I did that with a bag of chips ate half then didn't want any more, I'm so glad you told me about it. Best of luck for next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy it's working for you :) And it's as much the mental adjustment as the weight loss that's important too - feeling empowered, in control and just plain happy ! :)

      Delete
  4. yey well done for not eating all the Halloween sweets, I was proud of myself for the same reason. Normally I think i am doing the kids a favour by eating them, but that is just silly thinking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've noticed, I'm having to unlearn bad habits that I think of as good, such as finishing off the kids' leftovers or eating everything on my plate so I'm not wasting food.

      Delete
  5. I love the way you put things into perspective, I really need to learn how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I'm an eternal optimist - definitely a glass half full kinda girl :)

      Delete
  6. Hope you are feeling better now and well done for not eating all the sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better.

    I've been away for half term so I haven't been weighed yet. My weigh in is on Wednesday and I'm hoping the Burger King we had on the way back from our holiday hasn't made me gain!

    I'm on week 2 of using the slimpod and have already noticed some small changes. I always think about savouring the taste now before I eat and I haven't had an evening snack since before we went on holiday.
    Snacking with Ant in the evenings when the kids were in bed was my biggest downfall so to not even think about it now is amazing for me :)

    I'll try and make the twitter party...it'll mean getting the kids in bed a little earlier but I'm sure they won't notice!

    Well done on all your good choices and good luck for next week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant :) The thing I notice most is how positive everyone's sounding now which is the most important thing :)

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...