Friday 16 November 2012

Schwartz review #20 : Slow Cookers Chicken In Red Wine review


Some days, I really love my slow cooker. Yesterday was one of them. I knew I'd be coming in late after my second parent-teacher evening of the week so I decided to throw some ingredients into the slow cooker before heading off to work in the morning so that I, not to mention the rest of the family, would have something warm and nutritious waiting for us whenever we finally made it to the dinner table. When I finally got home at 9.45pm last night, I can't even begin to tell you how grateful I was that I'd taken ten minutes to sort it all out in the morning (which seemed sooo long ago !).



As time was short, I decided to use a sachet of Schwartz Slow Cookers Chicken In Red Wine mix. You just blend the contents of the sachet with 1/2 pint of water.


I filled up the slow cooker with fresh onions, carrots, mushrooms and some frozen leeks, popped some chicken thighs on top, poured over the sauce and switched it on. 


When I dashed home to pick up the kids from school and wait for Madhouse Daddy Mike to arrive before heading back to my school, I added some sliced potatoes so it was a one pot meal.


This is exactly what you need waiting for you after a very long day at work and a cold ten minutes hanging around at the bus stop, I can tell you !

The Schwartz mix is great for speed and convenience but I think it could have done with a glug of red wine to really bring out the flavours. I would also have added a teaspoon full of smoked paprika to add a little heat. But then again, I have a stinking rotten cold and can't taste or smell much at the moment !

star rating : 4/5

RRP : 99p for 35g


Disclosure : I received a selection of Schwartz products in order to write honest reviews.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


Schwartz review #19 : Bag 'n Season

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Schwartz have such a great variety! These look really good! xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...