Saturday 10 November 2012

Crispello review



When Cadbury's recently got in touch to see if I'd like to try out their new chocolate bar, obviously, I had to say yes ! Let's face it, what sane woman wouldn't ?! I was intrigued to see that this is the few new addition to their extensive range since the nineties.

Cadbury's desribe the new product as "three curved crispy wafer shells, each one filled with a smooth creamy centre, dipped in Cadbury milk chocolate".



Now, a huge word of advice. These three shells are totally separate. I was expecting them to be attached, ready to snap apart, rather like Kinder Bueno (which is what they remind me of), so when I opened the pack, the two that I weren't holding fell on the floor - eeeek ! Imagine buying one in the shop, opening it as soon as you get outside only for it to fall on the pavement - I think I might cry !!

The crispy shells have the very light, delicate texture of Kinder Bueno or Ferrero Rocher (without the nuts) but a more intense flavour that reminded me of Kit Kats. They taste utterly delicious, are totally satisfying and, because they come in threes, you can eat just one at a time if you're watching your waistline (and have the willpower necessary ! I can tell my SlimPod's still working !). Each piece only contains 55 calories, 4.1g of sugar and 3.6g of fat, of which 1.8g saturates.

Guilt-free chocolate ? Yes please !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : 50p for a 30g 3-piece bar

Disclosure : I received some Crispello bars in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Moshi Monsters Magic Choc review

5 comments:

  1. awwwww sounds so yummy / and 55 cal per bar is really not too bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. careful, it's 55 calories per piece and 1 bar is 3 pieces ! ;-)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried them but if it's anything like Kinder Bueno (my favorite chocolate bar) it must be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this last week, it was lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...