Thursday 15 November 2012

Paramount Zone Screaming Flying Monkey review


Admit it - the title of this review made you do a double take when you saw it, didn't it ?! Well, I have to admit, I shook my head and laughed when I read about what I'd be receiving to review from ParamountZone.com (along with the Magnetic Balls Cube Puzzle that I reviewed earlier in the week). This is the ultimate stocking filler or fun gift for hard-to-buy-for males of pretty much any age (my dad would find this hilarious and he's retired now, but it would definitely appeal to teens too). It's not restricted to the boys though, anyone with a wacky sense of humour will love it !


So what you actually get is a rather cute 22cm monkey soft toy with a cape and mask - more Caped Gorilla than Caped Crusader. The first thing I noticed is that he has an incredibly long tail. The second thing I noticed is that he has extremely elasticated arms that you can stretch and use as a slingshot to make that monkey fly ! It's really well designed actually because his hands have little pockets for you to slip your fingers into so that you can optimise the catapult effect.


 As if that's not enough, he lets out a blood-curdling scream as he goes flying through the air ! You can get a really good idea of the noise by watching this demo video !




Now, I know I have a very childish sense of humour but this had me in fits of giggles. With a bit of practice, he actually goes quite a long way and the Madhouse Mini-testers have all been having hysterics too, lining up to take turns flinging the poor thing across the room. The suggested age range is 10+ and Sophie is the only one of the Madhouse Mini-testers to actually manage to catapult it properly but the others have fun listening to its yells as it flies and impacts, then picking it up and bringing it back so she can do it again (and again and again)!

If you're looking for a novelty gift, it's absolutely ideal and it's really cheap too. It's bound to become as much of a classic as the farting teddies or crazy frogs that were all the rage a while ago.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £3.99


Disclosure : We received a screaming flying monkey in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about this one, looks a bit weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sons mad about monkeys, he'd love this so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...