Wednesday 25 September 2013

A Wacko Taco Feast !


I'm not sure if you noticed but this week's menu plan was a concerted effort on my part to use up as many seasoning sachets as possible because they are taking over my kitchen cupboard ! We often eat fajitas here at the Madhouse but today, for the first time, we tried tacos.


I had a box of taco shells that we'd received in a package of Mexican foodie products for Cinco de Mayo (yes, back in May !) and never got around to using so that was our discovery of the day. You stand them upside down and pop them in the oven for a couple of minutes to heat. They taste like big Doritos really so needless to say, the Madhouse Mini-testers loved them !


I had a good rummage in the cupboards and also found a bottle of Garlic & Herb Soured Cream, as well as a sachet of Taco seasoning so that's my first hat trick - I instantly managed to clear three things out of my over-stuffed cupboard !


I cooked up some mince and onions with the taco seasoning (to be honest, I couldn't taste much difference to the usual fajita seasoning that we use !) and also prepared bowls of tomato, sweetcorn, lettuce, guacamole (more about that in a minute) and grated cheese.


They had great fun layering meat, salad and sauce into their taco shells. The only tricky part was trying to fit it into your mouth !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Pierre makes Peppa Pig Muddy Puddle Cupcakes !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...