Thursday 26 September 2013

I'm getting ready to discover the cuisine of Pakistan !


It's always a moment of great excitement opening up a Kitchen Nomad box to see what the new destination will be. The teaser picture had me intrigued when I flipped open the cardboard lid ...


Underneath, the foodie goodies were nestling, still hiding the secret of their heritage. Could I work it out? Ummm nope ! A quick look at the cards and I discovered that this month, it's Pakistan.



I have no idea of what Pakistani cooking tastes like (yet!)- I'm assuming it's close to Indian, but Sumayya Jamil, the Pakistani food writer and cookery teacher who has provided the recipes to accompany this box, is on a mission to highlight the differences of Pakistani cuisine from other South Asian cuisines. Should be interesting.



It seems to be a bumper box this time with lots of things to discover, as well as a few products that I already recognise and feel familiar with. The contents include Red Chilli Powder, Chaat Masala, Green Cardamon, Basmati Rice, Cloves, Cinnamon, Chana Daal, Gram Chickpeas Flour, Cumin, Desiccated Coconut, Pistachios, Coriander Seeds (I love the idea of growing some of these to have our own coriander to harvest) and Curry Leaves.


I wouldn't have a clue what to do with some of these products so on to the all-important recipe cards. I'll soon be making Pakoras, Channa Daal, Raita, Chicken Yakhni and a rather unlikely-sounding dessert, Carrot, Coconut & Pistachio Halva.

I can't wait to see how we get on !

Disclosure : I received a Kitchen Nomad box in order to write an honest review. 

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...