Saturday 28 September 2013

Amie natural skincare review - Like mother, like daughter !


Amie recently sent me through some of their skincare products to try out, and offered to send two sets - one for me and one for Sophie. Although I totally appreciated the gesture, it did leave me feeling slightly dubious. Could the same products really be suited for a 12-year-old girl and and a 40 (nearly 41 - eek !)-year-old woman? Well, time would tell !

The first product that I tried was the Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash, in the pink tube. In my experience, "purifying" usually means astringent and facial wash usually means a gel or a foaming lotion. I therefore did a bit of a double take when I squeezed some out on my fingers and discovered a pale pink cream. I actually had to check to make sure I hadn't picked up the moisturising lotion by mistake ! 

I applied it to my damp face, massaged it into my skin then rinsed it off. It didn't feel like a facial wash, it felt more like a moisturiser, but my skin did feel refreshed and clean afterwards. It's lovely for waking up in the morning, as its name suggests, but I also like using it at bedtime to clean off the day's grime. My skin doesn't feel dry or tingly as it does after using many purifying products, it feels hydrated and soft.

A quick look on the website reveals that the active ingredients in this product are mayblossom and elderflower to purify and decongest the skin, keeping oiliness in check and helping prevent spot formation; natural sugar moisturisers to ensure skin is not stripped or dried out; cocoa seed butter to nourish; sweet almond oil to soften; orange blossom and raspberry to tone pores and refresh skin. Phew, that's an impressively long list of lovely natural ingredients.

On to the second product, the Morning Dew Matte-Finish Moisturiser in the yellow tube. This is a lovely light moisturiser that is absorbed instantly into the skin without leaving any feelings of greasiness or shine on your face, so I can put it on before heading out of the door to work when I'm in a rush, unlike many of the other moisturisers I've tried. It leaves my skin feeling soft, soothed and protected from the cold, wind and rain outside, so it will be my new ally over the autumn and winter. It can be used under make-up too.

I went to investigate the natural ingredients in this prodct and was equally impressed : organic rosehip and bilberry nourish, natural plant sugars hydrate and Vitamin E acts as an anti-oxidant protecting against sun damage and pollution; Lemon Fruit Extract acts as an effective antiseptic whilst Orange Blossom is an excellent skin clarifying agent, helping to remove excess sebum and keep oily skin clear. The ingredients are 90.8% natural, which does mean that I feel really safe handing them over to my (almost) teen-aged daughter.

Amie’s products are completely free from parabens, sulphates, mineral oils, petrochemicals and animal extracts and they are suitable for vegetarians and vegans. They have been especially designed to work in complete harmony with your skin to help keep it clear, soft and radiant and I love the fact that they are packed with natural plant and botanical extracts rather than harsh chemicals.

I was also very impressed by the low price tags. Sophie loved the fact that she could use the same grown-up products as Mum too !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : Matte-Finish Moisturiser £4.95 for 100ml, Purifying Facial Wash £4.95 for 150ml

for more information : http://amieskincare.com/

Disclosure : I received the products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Dead Sea Spa Magik Sunsafe SPF50 Sun Cream review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...