Sunday 8 September 2013

Lucozade Revive review


One of the hardest things about getting back into the work/school routine has been getting up in the dark. I'm a morning person, fully functional as soon as my feet hit the floor, but nevertheless, I can't help but groan when the alarm goes off at 6.15 and the sun hasn't come up yet. It'll be even worse next month when the clocks go back an hour.

What I have noticed is that I've been getting a mid-afternoon energy slump. I keep yawning and have a lot less patience with the kids in class. I'm sure it won't last long, I just need to acclimatise again, but in the meantime, I've had a new ally : these bottles of Lucozade Revive that I was sent to review.

I'm always very wary of energy drinks because most of them are packed with what I consider unhealthy levels of caffeine and sugar, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that a large 380ml bottle of Lucozade Revive only contains 50 calories.


The drinks come in four fruity flavours: Lemongrass with Ginger, Cranberry with Acai, Orange with Acai and Strawberry with Lime. They're fizzy and sweet and very refreshing. They are also packed with energy releasing B-vitamins, rather than caffeine and sugar (both of which are in there, but in much lower quantities than in most energy drinks), to help give you a boost. Now I don't know if it's purely psychological or not, but they do seem to perk me up a bit. Not in a sudden, intense way - I'm not suddenly climbing the walls or feeling hyper - but I will suddenly realise that I've stopped yawning and am feeling in a more positive frame of mind about half an hour later. Is that down to the vitamins in the drink or the fact that I've drunk something sweet or rehydrated myself ? I have no idea, but they taste so lovely that I'll definitely be buying them again !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.19 for 380ml

for more information : https://www.lucozaderevive.com/

Disclosure : I received some bottles of Lucozade Revive in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Exciting supermarket find of the day !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...