Three months into my concerted effort to clear out some of the half used bottles and tubes in the bathroom and I can't see much difference compared to the photo I took for the badge ! However, I am definitely clearing out more space in the drawers so this month, I had a few pamper sessions to use up face masks and lotions and potions. I'm also always amazed at how much laundry detergent/fabric softener we get through, but I suppose it makes sense, as a family of five.
Here's what I managed to finish up this month :
1. Montagne Jeunesse Blemish Mud Mask - With aloe vera and willow to deep cleanse and soothe. This felt really nice and left my skin feeling nicely moisturised. It also gave the kids a laugh when they walked in and saw me with a green face ! Would I buy it again? Yes, I would - they're cheap and cheerful but they do live up to their promises as a fun pampering treat.
2. Persil Bio Small & Mighty - I always think Persil is a great all-round laundry detergent. It always gets the stains out so it's great for washing the kids' clothes after they've got muddy or covered in paint. Would I buy it again? Yep.
3. Comfort Intense Fuchsia Passion - I love the floral, fresh, uplifting fragrance and, as the Persil doesn't really have a fragrance, it means that the washing smells lovely, along with the whole house when the tumble drier is on the go ! Would I buy it again? Definitely. Love the fragrance.
4. Olive Oil Intensive Hand Cream - It's quite greasy so I used to put it on at night. It smells nice but the main reason I bought it was because it was on our trip to Turkey last year and a little old man was selling sea sponges, soaps and creams - none of which I really wanted but he gave little "evil eye" badges to the kids for free so I felt duty bound to buy something because he was so lovely. Would it buy it again? For the product itself, no, but in the same situation on holiday, probably !
5. Nivea Nourishing Cocoa In-Shower Body Moisturiser - I never like jumping out of the shower feeling all clean then smothering my body in greasy body lotions, so the in-shower format works really well for me. Not sure I really need it though as my shower gel is already moisturising enough. Would I buy it again? Maybe, if my skin started drying out.
6. Yves Rocher Patch d'Institut Nose/Forehead/Chin Pore Strips - I love using these on my nose and actually used all of them - even the chin and forehead ones - on my nose. I love seeing all the gooey bits that come out of the pores and get stuck on the strips ! Would I buy them again? Yes, definitely, but I've been looking for more (of any brand) and can't find any in the shops.
7. Vosene Kids 3-in-1 Headlice Repellent Shampoo - I'm not overly keen of the smell of this but the kids love it and (touch wood) they haven't come home with itchy heads this year. Would I buy it again? Yes, I would.
8. Tesco Loves Baby Non-Bio Laundry Gel - It's cheap and cheerful and does the job just fine for run-of-the-mill washing that's not particularly dirty. Woud I buy it again? Yes, because it's cheap and pretty efficient, but I need fabric softener to add a nice fragrance.
9. Lenor Unstoppables - Pierre loves pouring a capful of these little pearls of perfume in the washing machine, although they do often ping out all over the floor ! They smell gorgeous but I'm more likely to use a fabric softener than just a laundry perfume. Would I buy them again? Maybe, if they were on offer, but it's an added expense I probably don't really need.
10. Regener8 Argan Conditioner - I do love argan oil but I didn't get the feeling that this contained much of it, to be honest. It was very thick so I had to dilute it when I got half way down the bottle or it was impossible to get out. Even then, it was hard going. Its thick, rich texture does make it very nourishing though. Would I buy it again? Possibly but I'd prefer it in a tub as it would be easier to scoop out.
11. Ritual Yogi Flow Indian Rose & Sweet Almond Foaming Shower Gel - This felt very decadent - love the texture, love the packaging, love the fragrance. Would I buy it again? Probably - no idea how much it costs though as it was part of a gift set.
So, for the first month ever, I did it ! I hit my personal target of ten products ! :)