Sunday 20 December 2015

Madhouse recipe : Oh-so-simple Cinnamon Palmiers


Last week, I promised Pierre that we'd do some baking and crafts this weekend. Then the dreaded lurgy hit. I've had a cold for about the past week or two but, just like all good teachers, I always wait for the first day of the holidays to feel really bad ! It could just be the tiredness of the past fortnight catching up with me too, but I ended up sleeping for two hours this afternoon, along with Pierre who was just as tired as I was. Once we got up, he remembered the promise so we had to do something quick. As I had a roll of readymade puff pastry in the fridge, I knocked these little beauties up in all of ten minutes. 


They only need 4 ingredients, taste as good as they look and they also made the whole kitchen smell festive and lovely. We'll definitely be making these again and maybe experimenting with other fillings - mincemeat, jam, Nutella and honey should all work well too.

Oh-so-simple Cinnamon Palmiers


ingredients :

1 roll of readymade puff pastry
1 cup of crunchy demerera sugar (or caster sugar would be fine)
2tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice


 Roll out the puff pastry. Mix together the sugar and spice (and all things nice !).


Sprinkle it over the whole surface of the puff pastry.


We used a little rolling pin to help the sugar stick to the pastry (but really only because Pierre wanted to have a go with a rolling pin - you don't really need to !)


Draw a line down the middle. Roll each end towards the middle then press together slightly.


Cut into slices and put on a baking tray on baking parchment (use the paper from the puff pastry).


Bake in the oven at 200° for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and slightly caramelised. They're so delicious that Pierre couldn't resist stuffing one in his mouth just before I took the photo !

Link up your recipe of the week

4 comments:

  1. We love palmiers at home but I've never made them myself. My little ones would love helping me making your easy recipe. Thanks for sharing! #RecipeoftheWeek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often eat the shopbought ones but I never realised just how simple they are to make !

      Delete
  2. These look lovely! I tried to make something similar recently that went all wrong!! I will try your recipe next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're foolproof - just make sure you roll them up tightly enough :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...