Wednesday 9 December 2015

Madhouse recipe : I Should Coco Oaty Cookies


Coconut Merchant recently sent me through a selection of their products to get creative with - coconut jam, coconut sugar, coconut flour, coconut syrup, coconut oil and lots of lovely coconut chips. There were a few things I was unfamilair with so I did some investigating on their website. Coconut jam is a blend of coconut milk and coconut sugar that is similar in taste to caramel - it can be eaten on bread or used in cakes and biscuits. The Coconut Oil is made by cold pressing dried coconut flesh and is raw, vegan, dairy free, gluten free and preservative free. It's a real multi tasker and can be used in your cooking and baking, to moisturise hair and skin, as a natural make-up remover, as a shaving balm or as a moisturiser for babies. Coconut flour can be used as a gluten-free, natural alternative to regular flour but you will need to adjust your regular recipes slightly (there's a guide on the Coconut Merchant website).

I decided to use a recipe for cookies that is tried and tested but substitute some of the coconut products in place of my regular ingredients. They were a great hit with all the family.


I Should Coco Oaty Cookies


ingredients :

85g porridge oats
80g dessicated coconut or coconut chips
100g plain flour
80g coconut sugar
100g butter
2tbsp coconut syrup 


Preheat the oven to 180°. Put the oats, coconut, flour and coconut sugar in a bowl.


Melt the butter and stir in the coconut syrup. Add to the dry ingredients. Place dollops on an oiled baking tray.


Cook for 8-10 minutes until golden.

They have a lovely crumbly but slightly gooey texture. I'm sure I could have used coconut oil in place of the butter and coconut flour in place of the regular flour, but I didn't want to introduce too many unknown ingredients in one go.

for more information and recipe ideas : https://coconut-merchant.com/

Disclosure : I received a baking bundle from Coconut Merchant in order to get creative in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...