Tuesday 29 December 2015

Making the most of our Christmas money - when second hand is a first class idea !


Did you or the kids get any Christmas money that you are now looking to spend? Have you already got it earmarked for something that you've been hankering after for ages or are you going to see what catches your eye in the sales? 


Cash Generator challenged us to see if we could find ourselves a second hand gift with £20 so I headed off for a look. They have a shop in Hastings but you can also browse all their stores nationwide online and have your purchases delivered. The Madhouse kids had been going on about buying ET on DVD so I was delighted to spot one in the shop for a bargaintastic £1.50 - just as cheap as online auction sites but without the postage costs !


I also found these two which will be good for when I fancy something a bit silly and brainless to make me laugh - Celebrity Juice was also £1.50.


Outnumbered was £3.50 but it's a 3-disc boxset so is still great value.


It's not all DVDs though - I also spotted a preowned handheld GPS for £27.99 which would be a great way to start geocaching, if my posts have convinced you ! (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out my geocaching posts here.)

Some things, such as toys or beauty products, are brand new in the box so it's definitely worth having a look if you like to grab a bargain. I was amazed at how much we could get with a relatively small amount of money, so it's a great way of helping the kids make their Christmas money go a bit further.

Disclosure : We received some spending money to take part in the Second Hand Gift Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...