Monday 20 August 2012

Betty Hula Shea Butter Moisturising Cream review


I told you last week that, after seeing just how soft and smooth my skin was after a fortnight of religiously applying sun cream, I was determined to keep pampering the skin on my body by working my way through all my samples of body cream. Next on my list of products to try were this duo of Betty Hula Shea Butter Moisturising Creams, with the exotic-sounding fragrances of Rum & Blackcurrant and Champagne & Spice.


The creams are very thick - more what I would call a balm or a mousse than a cream - but the texture is surprisingly light and fluffy when you rub it onto your skin. It is rapidly absorbed leaving lovely soft skin but no greasiness. It left my slightly dried-out sun-blasted skin feeling wonderfully soothed and hydrated.

Fragrance-wise, they smell lovely but I don't really think they correspond to the names on the labels - although I have to admit, I'm not really sure what I expected them to smell like. The scents are rich and seductive, slightly musky and deliciously different, and not at all overpowering.

As far as ingredients are concerned, it's all good. They say : "We believe in providing beautifully hand crafted products which will benefit and rejuvenate your skin. Our experts here at Betty Hula only pick the best ingredients nature has to offer and blend them with exotic and tantalising scents to stimulate your mind and body. Our expertly hand blended products provide an everyday base for your skin care regime whilst treating you to a range of beautiful island inspired scents. Using finest Grade A Shea Butter as a base for all of our products we promise to rejuvenate and revitalise your skin even for the most sensitive of skin types. We stay away from chemical nasties and use as minimal preservatives as possible to deliver you a lovingly crafted product which will bring results. We also promise never to test our products on our furry friends and to be as kind to our planet as we can."

According the the Betty Hula website, if applied regularly, the body butters can help relieve stretch marks, scarring, sun burn and dry skin.


I was really impressed and will definitely be investigating what else Betty Hula have on offer.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £14.99 (not sure how much you get in a tub, it doesn't say on the website)

for more information : http://www.bettyhula.co.uk

Disclosure : I received some samples of Betty Hula products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :




3 comments:

  1. I studied beauty therapy at college so love reading about beauty products! When pregnant I received loads of stretch marks, I love them because each one reminds me of my baby, but they are not lovely to look at! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's a lovely way of looking at stretch marks :)

      Delete
  2. I like the texture of these, looks good for wintered hands, feet and knees!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...