Open since May 2012, Bigoodi is a vibrant new concept store for London where children enjoy pampering and styling by the professional enthusiastic staff whilst parents enjoy a unique retail experience. This destination has been designed with care and takes its influence largely from the trendy and exclusive boutiques of le Marais in Paris. The welcoming period frontage and fun chairs invite children (and their parents) into a world of enjoyment. In addition the colourful playroom hosts parties for special occasions, (catering for 2 to 15 year olds).
This independent, family owned boutique is located at 52 New Kings Road, in the heart of Parsons Green, London. It is clear that everything has been designed with children in mind: chairs resemble grand American cars, sleek airplanes or princess thrones and flat screen TVs show classic cartoons.
Bigoodi (a play on the French word for ‘hair roller’) has been created by Clemence de Crecy, a local mother of two young boys: “As a mother of two young children I know how hard it is to find the right hairdresser. All too often it can end in tears as regular salons are not designed or equipped to look after the specific needs of children. Dedicated children’s hairdressing has been hugely successful in the USA and Italy for a long time now, but here in the UK we have been slow to catch on. It will be the kind of place where children feel secure, welcome, and cared for, and hopefully somewhere they look forward to return to. Contented children make for contented parents and there will also be a few fun extras just for adults to ensure they enjoy their visit too.”
Parents will also be well looked after, and will be able to enjoy a spot of peace and quiet while the professional stylists look after their little ones. Children’s fashion and lifestyle brands will be invited to display their ranges in the shop, providing some carefully chosen top quality shopping opportunities. The collection will change every 3 months, so there will something new to explore on each visit.
Bigoodi opened on Tuesday 15th May 2012 and is located on 52 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LS
Telephone 020 7736 47 68
Bigoodi have kindly offered me one free child's haircut (valid until the end of October 2012) to give away to a lucky Madhouse Family Reviews reader. This can be redeemed at Bigoodi, 52 New Kings Road, London SW6 4LS.
To be in with a chance of winning, just do the following :
- Comment on one of my blogposts (other giveaways don't count !)
- Leave me a comment in the comments box with a way of contacting you (twitter name or email) and tell me which of my blogposts you commented on.
You can do any or all of the following for bonus entries - just make sure you leave me one comment per entry so that they're all counted !
(1) Follow me on twitter (@cherylp59) and tweet about my competition. You can use the handy retweet button over in my side bar (feel free to shorten it if necessary) or write your own tweet but make sure you copy in @cherylp59 so I can track this.
(2) Like "Madhouse Family Reviews" on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/MadhouseFamilyReviews) and leave me a message on my wall
(3) I love reading your comments so leave me some extra comments on my other blogposts (maximum 5 - other giveaways don't count !) and I'll give you a bonus entry for each one. Just remember to leave me a comment here each time to tell me you've done so.
(4) Subscribe to my blog by email (near the top of the right-hand sidebar) so that all the new posts pop into your inbox in a handy digest every morning
(5) click on the google +1 button over in my sidebar and/or add me as a friend on google+
(6) add a +k klout point to @cherylp59 on Klout and tell me which category you added it to
(7) Follow my blog with Google Friends Connect (over in the right hand side bar)
UK only. Closing date : 21/9/12
Please note, you will be contacted by email and/or twitter. If I haven't heard from you after a week, I'll have to pick another winner.
Other competitions you may be interested in :