Wednesday 22 August 2012

George at ASDA Back to School ‘Little Designers’ Campaign



I'm sure it hasn't escaped your attention that the school holidays are drawing to a close, which means that it's that time of year when parents and kids alike groan because they have to do the dreaded school uniform shopping. Well, this year, George at ASDA have decided to inject a bit of fun and make it less of a headache. They picked some bloggers  to take part in a George at ASDA Back to School ‘Little Designers’competition and I was very pleased to be one of them, after we had so much fun with their Easter project.

This time around, they gave me £20 to spend online on the George at ASDA school uniform page, as well as  a plain white backpack to customise with a selection of funky fabric paints and crayons.

I was really impressed with the prices - for £20, I managed to get :




Grey School Box-Pleat Skirt - size 15-16, £6.50



School Deep V-Neck Jumper - Black - size 15-16, £6



Black Teen Jersey Tube Skirt - Longer Length - size 15-16, £6

Sophie may only be 11 but she's very tall for her age (and, as I've mentioned before, already has huge size 8 feet !) so I needed to buy age 15-16, which is the most expensive size. If you're buying for younger kids, you'll manage to find even lower prices.


Here's the backpack when it arrived :


And here it is when Sophie had finished customising it. "I Love London", Olympic torches and rings, Union Jack flag ... you can tell what Sophie has been interested in over the summer !


Here's Sophie showing off her first outfit - the pleated skirt is a bit creased because it's just come straight out of the envelope (naughty mummy !).


And the second skirt. I wonder if she'll still look as smiley when she's actually going to school !

Both skirts are the same size but the pleated skirt is a bit on the small size, whereas the tube skirt is perfect.

George’s campaign tag line is: ‘CHOSEN BY MUMS; TESTED BY KIDS; GUARANTEED BY GEORGE’. In the video below, you can actually see it being tested on one of the UK's most difficult army assault courses!





Disclosure : I received £20 to spend on school uniform at Asda, as well as a backpack customisation kit. All participating bloggers will also be entered in a competition to win ASDA vouchers (and the blogger with the most comments will also receive a prize so please feel free to leave me a comment below !)


Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Back to School goodies from Poundworld review

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. good quality too, unlike some of the cheaper brands - I was really impressed

      Delete
  2. This is a fab idea.
    I love George stuff! Quality is so good for the price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happened to go to ASDA when they had a clothing sale on last week - picked up loads of stuff for the kids at bargain prices. Can't go wrong for those prices !

      Delete
  3. Love the assault course video ! Sophie's bag is fab too :)

    Lucy
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I read your message to her and she was very chuffed !

      Delete
  4. sophie's bag is brilliant! I think this is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow... think i will head to asda myself too. i was thinking uniform would cost a lot more... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the bag, nicely done Sophie. Problem with Asda and others is they do normal black, grey and navy blue. our school has a rather horrible chocolate brown colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember seeing brown cardies and skirts when I was choosing Sophie's items so it might be worth a look at ASDA online

      Delete
  7. Sophie did a great job, as usual, what a lovely idea for a school bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I let her get on with it by herself and must admit, I was quite impressed with her ideas ! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow she is really talented as an artist. I love how fashionable the uniform looks I would never have thought of ASDA you may well have saved me a few pounds .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - she'll be getting a big head at this rate ! lol

      Delete
  9. bought my daughter's upper 6th uniform at Asda as she still fits in age 15/16 clothes.
    @kohsamuirosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, you're lucky ! Sophie's already size 15/16 and she's only 11. It's her feet that will be a problem though - size 8 already ! She's already overtaken me so she can't pinch my shoes any more !!

      Delete
  10. Love sophies bag :) its fab. Great value range

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is, I was amazed at how much I could get for £20 !

      Delete
  11. Can't go wrong with stuff from Asda really - as cheap as Primark but much better quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Your comment just reminded me of our holiday to Turkey last year. In the markets, if they heard you speaking English, the stallholders all started shouting out "cheaper than Primark, cheaper than ASDA, cheaper than Tesco" to try to tempt you in !!

      Delete
  12. good value for money, I like the quality of their clothes usually they are very good; I wish there was an Asda nearer to me :-( love the bag, can you tell me if once done it is washable or even waterproof (as if it rained)Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't done it yet but the pens and paints need to be ironed to make the design waterproof

      Delete
  13. Love Sophie's Olympic theme - we got a few Olympic bits on ours too! By the way have you had the list of people participating from the PR person yet - we were away and I was wondering if I had missed it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not yet - he said he'd send them through when everyone has sent their entry in. Ooh I'll have to go and find your entry to have a look :)

      Delete
    2. Phew at least I haven't missed it!! Thank you x

      Delete
  14. OOHHH WOW :)hehe i can't wait to show my son in the morning,,,, snap :) love sophies bag:):):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud when I saw your design, how freaky is that ?!!

      Delete
  15. Another Olympic theme one. They've certainly inspired lots of people which is fab, Great backpack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - and it's hilarious the designs are so similar !

      Delete
  16. I'm pleased to see the Olympics have inspired so many children

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the Olympics themed design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the reminder - need to buy my daughter a new school dress (already!!!) tomorrow! Love Sophie's bag, too cool! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...