Saturday 18 August 2012

Organic Babies Dry Skin Baby Lotion review


I had a sudden moment of revelation earlier in the week. I ran my hand across my arm and was amazed at how soft and silky smooth my skin was after two weeks of constantly applying sun cream. This has inspired me to keep up the good work and keep moisturising my body on a daily (maybe) or weekly (probably) basis, because - unlike my face - I have to admit I never really bother pampering the skin on my body, which is why it is rather dry and rough.

The first product I decided to try out was the Dry Skin Baby Lotion from Organic Babies, the baby range of products from Green People. Described as a scent-free, soothing lotion for massaging and moisturising delicate or dry skin, it is suitable for skin that is prone to eczema or psoriasis.

As with all Organic Babies products, it contains absolutely no hidden nasties (no parabens, phtalates, SLS, SLES, lanolin, synthetic fragrances, PEGs, petrochemicals, propylene glycol or colourants). It contains 94% certified organic ingredients, including aloe vera, shea butter and calendula.

I decided to rub some into the slightly flaky dry skin on my arm and squeezed a dollop out to rub into my skin. I didn't put a huge amount - the packaging warns that a little goes a long way - but it left a streaky white residue all up my arm that was really hard to work into my skin.It needed smearing out over a large surface area and about ten minutes of massaging and rubbing for it to be absorbed. Admittedly, once it was absorbed, my skin felt wonderfully nourished but it was hard work !

This cream is a baby lotion though, not a body lotion, which may be why. The packaging says that it can also be used to clean the nappy area, which would probably work really well because you'd wipe off the excess which would clean and moisturise the delicate skin on baby's bum.

As a body lotion, I found it too hard to rub in, but as a nourishing cream for very dry or delicate skin, it is incredibly soothing. I love the all natural, organic formula too.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £9.45 for 150ml


Disclosure : I received a tube in order to write an honest review.




Other reviews you may be interested in :



5 comments:

  1. I love Organic Babies products. (@PolkaDotAddict)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great but i would never pay that much for a skincare product like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. This product review was too good .if your looking for the baby lotion, then visit cureka.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review of the Organic Babies Dry Skin Baby Lotion is so helpful, especially for parents looking for gentle yet effective skincare products for their little ones. It's reassuring to hear about your positive experience with this lotion, knowing that it's organic and suitable for sensitive skin. Speaking of skincare, I've been exploring the topic of maintaining healthy skin, and I recently came across a blog that discussed the best vitamins for dry skin. It was quite informative, highlighting the importance of vitamins like A, C, E, D, K, and B vitamins for skin health. Considering the gentle nature of the Organic Babies lotion, I think it could complement a skincare routine focused on natural products and nourishing the skin from within. On another note, I've been looking into beauty supply hair options for different hair types and styles. It's fascinating to see the variety of products available, catering to different needs and preferences. Do you have any favorite beauty supply hair items or tips for maintaining healthy and beautiful hair? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...