Tuesday 21 August 2012

Next Autumn-Winter 2012 Collection review



I sometimes think there's a fairy blog-mother out there ! I just happened to say "ooh I've dropped a couple of dress sizes and had a cull of all the fat clothes in my wardrobe so I've got nothing to wear any more" and within a few weeks, I'd had several offers of clothing reviews in my inbox ! Talk about perfect timing !

This time, I was asked to go to Next, select some clothes and write about them. Not quite such perfect timing because it was the Next sales which means, firstly, that there wasn't much on the racks in sizes or styles that I liked and, secondly, trying to navigate the store with three kids in tow (including one in a pushchair) amidst throngs of over-enthusiastic shoppers with clothes and hangers dropped all over the floor was a total nightmare. I tried a couple of stores, then gave up and decided to put it on hold until after our holiday in Tunisia (when the sales would be over).

Well, today, it was mission accomplished ! I had £40 to spend and managed to get a top, a dress and a pair of leggings - that's fantastic value !


The first item that leapt (or should that be flew ?!) off the shelves at me was this floaty tunic/dress that I decided I would match with a pair of leggings for work, but could also be worn as a dress for a night out. I love the tie neck that hangs down across your stomach as it has a slimming effect - added bonus ! It's perfectly cut so it skims over wobbly bits and feels really comfortable.


The creamy-beige colour is enhanced with contrasting darker orange butterflies and various other creepy crawlies - it sounds weird but doesn't look at all Halloweeny, it's actually a lovely print ! This "insect" theme is one that I saw on items throughout the whole store, with butterflies, dragonflies and beetles popping up all over the place. (On the clothes, so don't go calling Rentokill, they don't have a bug infestation !)

The butterfly tunic costs £22 and the shell is made of 100% viscose with polyester trim. You can find it online here.


The second item I was chose was this grey butterfly gypsy top, with a drawstring neck and elasticated bottom, so it cinches it in at hip level. It also has a nature-themed print, with butterflies, bees and flowers.


I teamed this with a pair of full-length leggings, which I also picked up at Next for £9, but this would also go equally well with a pair of jeans or even a skirt. This one is made of 100% cotton, costs £16 and you can see it online here

I love the fact that the clothes are casual but slightly classier and more original than my usual jeans and T-shirt combo. I was really impressed with the prices too - £22 for the tunic, £16 for the gypsy top and £9 for the leggings. That comes in at £47, slightly over my £40 budget, but I still had a few pounds left on another Next giftcard so I decided to treat myself.

There were also lots of other items that caught my eye - American college-style hoodies, nautical-themed jumpers and London/Union Jack print tops and tees - not to mention a fabulous Union Jack handbag that I almost splurged on ! Another time ... !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £22 for the tunic, £16 for the gypsy top, £9 for the leggings

for more information : www.next.co.uk

Disclosure : I received a £40 voucher from Mom Blog Society to spend in Next in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Jokers' Masquerade fancy dress review


6 comments:

  1. Love the butterfly tunic, very pretty! And you look lovely too! I wish the blog fairy mother smiled on me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks ! :) *sprinkles blog fairy dust your way* xxx

      Delete
  2. It kind of smitked at me, lol, had to say No today to a couple of event invites incluing one food-related. Oh well, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love next for everyday clothing too, I have a couple of pairs of leggings from there and they are way too comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love next clothes, the quality is great and I love the design on tht dress x

    http://adventuresofayorkshiremummy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...