Well, this is the final recipe that I have to share with you from the Warburtons Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan and I'd love to know how you've been getting on if you've tried any of them out. Today's final recipe sounds like a great mid-week recipe that the whole family will love and the fact that you can make it using any bread you happen to have in the house makes it a great way of using up stale bread.
Make double the amount of crispy tomato chicken and freeze half for another day.
To freeze: layer uncooked chicken pieces in between greaseproof paper in a freeze proof container.
Thaw and cook, following the instructions below.
Serves: 4 Takes about 20 minutes to make and 15-20 minutes to cook
- 6 potatoes
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 8 slices Warburtons Wholemeal Bread or Warburtons White Plus Wholegrain (about 200g)
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp tomato puree, (about 100g)
- 3 heaped tbsp plain flour
- 2 free range eggs
- Steamed green veg e.g. green beans, to serve
- 1. Cut each potato into about 5-6 wedges. Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a roasting dish. Add the potato wedges to the hot dish and roast for 35 minutes until golden and cooked.
- 2. Meanwhile brush 2 baking trays with the remaining oil. Put the Warburtons bread into a blender and whizz into breadcrumbs
- 3.Cut each chicken breast into 5-6 strips. Dip the strips in tomato puree, then flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs.
- 4. Put the chicken strips on to the trays and cook for 15-18 minutes until golden and cooked.
- 5. Serve with the potatoes and steamed green beans
for more information : www.facebook.com/warburtons
Disclosure : Warburtons sent me a couple of loaves of bread and some brioche rolls to help start us off on the Hi-Taste Lo-Fat 2-week Eating Plan.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :