Sunday 19 August 2012

Lush Honey I Washed The Kids soap review



I told you back in May about Lush celebrating National Honey Week then never got around to posting my review of their best-selling Honey I Washed The Kids soap. (Slap wrists !) Well, better late than never so here it comes at last ! 



I actually remember this from the original mother-company of Lush, Cosmetics To Go, where I used to spend a very unreasonable proportion of my student grant back in the day, but I never actually got round to trying it. The blurb says : "This is the irresistible Lush honey soap that smells like toffee and is topped with a layer of honeycomb. One of Lush’s all time best selling products, made with honey water and aloe vera to both moisturise and soften the skin, this sticky toffee pudding scented soap is a favourite for all the family – even those delicate skin types."



I love the beeswax effect on the top of the soap and, although it doesn't lather up much, it does leave your skin feeling lovely and soft and moisturised. I could see this being great for dry skin or sensitive skin, so it is ideal for kids - as the name suggests - but also for pampering my skin that has just been subjected to a fortnight in Tunisia.

I was slightly disappointed by the smell though. It smells lovely and sweet but the fragrance isn't as strong as I would have hoped (especially as the big brash fragrances is one of the things I love most about Lush products).

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £17 for 500g, £8.50 for 250g, £3.40 for 100g


Disclosure : I received a bar of Honey I Washed The Kids in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :




2 comments:

  1. I adore lush products. They smell so lovely. (@PolkaDotAddict)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soap is gorgeous and really gentle on your skin. I am a big fan of Lush ever since they were called Cosmetics to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...