Friday 24 August 2012

Yoomoo Frozen Yogurt review


When I was asked if I'd liked to review some Yoomoo Fro-Yo, I thought I'd walked into Teletubby land because it sounded like nonsensical toddler speak ! Then I looked a bit more closely and realised it was frozen yogurt - hmmmmmm, suddenly my interest levels shot up ! It was a brand I'd never heard of but sure enough, when I headed off to Tesco's with my vouchers, there it was in the ice cream aisle. I selected two pots - a big 750ml pot of Strawbmoo and a small 150ml pot of Devilmoo.


I love the quirky names and the great sense of humour of the brand. When I opened the smaller pot, I was greeted by this "Devilmoo is addicted to chocolate & loves base jumping" message on the plastic seal !


But things got even better when I peeled off the seal and discovered this - yum ! Devilmoo is described as "natural & chocolate flavour frozen yogurt with swirls of chocolate flavoured sauce & brownie pieces topped with chocolate stars". It looks and tastes as rich and indulgent as luxury ice cream brands like Ben & Jerry's or Haagen Dazs but it's low fat and low in calories - the whole 150ml pot contains a very reasonable 151 calories so it's pretty diet-friendly.


This is what the Strawbmoo looks like - "natural frozen yogurt swirled with very berry strawberry frozen yogurt for the whole famooly to enjoy together". It tastes lovely and fruity with a slightly lighter, cleaner taste than ice cream. The whole family loved it and I particularly love the fact that the frozen yogurt is fat free and only contains 102 calories per 125ml serving.

Other flavours are available (but I didn't see them in the shop I was in so you may have to hunt them out) and include angelmoo and tropicoolmoo. They have also created a VERY luxurious caviarmoo, which is made from naturally fat free yoomoo frozen yogurt, topped with shavings of Harrods very own couverture white chocolate, 23 carat gold flakes and caviar, which retails at £30 !

If you want a fun, great tasting but low fat dessert option, Yoomoo is absolutely ideal. It's quite pricey - £3.79 for 750ml or £1.79 for a 150ml pot - but it's so diet-friendly, I'll definitely be looking out for it again.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £3.79 for 750ml or £1.79 for 150ml

for more information : http://www.yoomoo.com/

Disclosure : I received some vouchers for yoomoo in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow they both sound delicious! :) Great review! <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to agree with what you said at the beginning - it does sound rather alien talk when you first hear the name! It doesn't take long to get used to it and before long you will be calling it fro-yo!

    I only recently tried too and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the chocolate one and thought it was quite nice but not a patch on the good quality ice cream you could buy for that price.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...