Wednesday 29 August 2012

Bottle Green Elderflower Cordial review


My cold drink of choice this summer has been Bottle Green Elderflower Cordial, which I discovered last year but which has been given a lovely flowery makeover with a new limited edition bottle that's perfect for the summer months. The "Let Life Blossom" design makes the bottle look really striking so it's been ideal for putting on the dinner table for a non-alcoholic alternative at summer picnics, barbecues and dinner parties. 

The drink itself, if you haven't tried it yet, is a unique taste, slightly floral but in a nice way, very refreshing and cleansing on the palate. The Madhouse Mini-testers don't like it which suits me just fine ! It's like the Haagen Dazs of fruit cordials and squashes, definitely aimed at adults with more finesse and grown-up flavours than the kid-friendly market leaders.

I love it served in a tall glass with lots of ice and water from the fridge as a really refreshing drink on a hot day, but I also tried it with fizzy water (made with the Sodastream) which made a really tasty drink too. After drinking kir with the French in-laws (champagne with blackcurrant  or blackberry liqueur added), I decided to try it with champagne too (well, OK, it was actually sparkling perry !!) and it made a really nice change to the usual glass of wine. I've just noticed on the Bottle Green website that you can drink it with hot water as an alternative to tea or coffee too. I remember one of my house mates when I was a student used to drink hot Ribena so, although this sounds strange to me, it's definitely something I want to try in the colder months.

If you're looking for a grown-up, sophisticated soft drink to enjoy at home, it's definitely one to try.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £3.15 for 50cl

for more information : http://www.bottlegreendrinks.com

Disclosure : I received a bottle of Bottlegreen Elderflower Cordial in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


4 comments:

  1. I have never liked Elderflower on its own, but may just have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems a little pricey, but maybe something I would try for entertaining guests with the wine as you suggested

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a diverse product on ok price for the occasional treat i think

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...