You can't have failed to notice, but just in case, it's Pancake Day tomorrow ! The Lake District Dairy Co sent us through some tubs of Quark and a recipe for American Pancakes to try out.
We'll be making these tomorrow and if you want to try them too, here's the recipe :
American-style Quark Pancakes
2 eggs, separated
1 tsp icing sugar
Pinch of salt
50g The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark
80ml whole milk
100g plus of plain flour (extra if needed)
1/4 tsp baking powder
Tray of Blueberries
Extra The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark to serve
1.In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
2. Add the milk and the Lake District Dairy Co. Quark and mix. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Slowly sprinkle in the flour whilst whisking. (You want it to be the consistency of thickened cream.)
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites for a few minutes until you have thick peaks.
5. Carefully fold into the other mixture, trying not to knock the air out. (A metal spoon is best for the job as it cuts through the mixture without knocking the air out.)
6. Heat a frying pan and add some butter then dollop in a large spoonful of mixture.
7. Fry for 2 minutes, turn over when golden and crispy and cook for a further minute.
8. Cook the rest of the mixture in the same way and serve straightaway with an extra dollop of The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark, a drizzle of maple syrup and a few blueberries.
Other blogposts you may be interested in :