Saturday 29 March 2014

Head & Shoulders Apple Fresh shampoo review


This month, we've been trialling Head & Shoulders Apple Fresh shampoo for a WOM campaign with Envie de Plus, which is like a French version of Bzz. We received a big bottle to test and lots of little bottles to give out, along with brochures - the mums at the school gate always love seeing me rolling up with a carrier bag in my hand because they know I've got some goodies to hand out !


Pierre was the first person to rate the apple fresh fragrance, sniffing it straight from the bottle. His verdict was "Hmmm it smells nice Mummy, can I go and wash my hair now?"! I have to say, I agree with him - it does have a lovely fresh and fruity fragrance - but I found the scent to be a bit too delicate for my liking. I prefer bold fragrances that linger long after you've washed and dried your hair and I didn't think that the scent of this product was strong enough. Head & Shoulders have apparently improved the fragrance though, and now boast "an improved fragrance over the whole range thanks to the new "scent burst" technology" and "an improved experience in the shower with pleasantly perfumed hair after hairwashing".

I do love the texture of the shampoo though - it's rich and creamy and just as indulgent as my normal non-anti-dandruff shampoo. Head & Shoulders promise that their shampoo eliminates up to 100% of dandruff after regular use and say that just one product is enough for beautiful, dandruff-free hair because it's a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner. I agree but I still used a separate conditioner afterwards because I have dry hair, but that's something I do regardless of the brand of shampoo I use.

As an English teacher in France, I often use the brand Head & Shoulders when we're learning the parts of the body and we do the Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes song. When I say that it's called that because you get dandruff on your head and shoulders, the kids always seem surprised that you could get dandruff on your shoulders. Could this be proof that modern anti-dandruff shampoos (of which Head & Shoulders are the number 1 brand worldwide) are efficient ?!

star rating : 4/5

RRP :  £4.99 for 500ml

Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review, as well as samples to hand out for a WOM marketing campaign.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Wild Science Lip Balm Lab review

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...