Tuesday 4 March 2014

Madhouse recipe : Apricot & Pistachio Oaty Yogurt Bread


This was a total experiment to use up a number of things from the fridge and food cupboards and I was really pleased with the result. I made it in the bread machine but you could make it by hand too.

Apricot & Pistachio Oaty Yogurt Bread


ingredients :

350g strong bread flour
100g oats
3/4 tsp salt
3 tsp cinnamon
85g light muscovado sugar (I used golden syrup sugar)
1 sachet baobab powder (optional - as I said, I was clearing out the baking cupboard !)
1 sachet dried yeast
400ml Stapleton Fig & Date Yogurt with sunflower seeds, cereals and grains
2 eggs
50g pistachios
100g dried apricots, chopped


Mix all the dry ingredients together then add the wet ones. Roughly blend them dump it all in the bread machine to finish mixing.


I thought it seemed very dry so I added a couple of extra dollops of yogurt and kept an eye on the consistency during the first mixing stage. It actually ended up looking a little too wet so I sprinkled a bit more flour in the top of the bread machine until it got roughly the same texture as my normal bread mix dough. The measurements given above should work therefore, but adjust if necessary while the bread machine is mixing the dough.



I used my normal basic 3hr programme but it was slightly too brown on the bottom so it could have done with a slightly shorter cycle. This produces a dense loaf with hidden nuggets of sweetness that is delicious smeared with butter or for adding a whole new dimension to a ham or cheese sandwich !

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Madhouse recipe : Peanut Butter Crispy Bars

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful bread, all my favourite flavours together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so delicious, I always make bread in my bread maker but I've never thought of adding different flavours

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great and a great idea to use up cupboard bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...