Friday 14 March 2014

Madhouse recipe : Corned Beef Hash



Corned Beef Hash is one of those things that I've often wanted to try without really knowing exactly what it was. When I went to look up the recipe, I discovered that there are about a zillion different versions - some with beans, some with tinned tomatoes and some with both, some with chopped potato, some with grated potato and some with mash. I even came across a James Martin recipe which included red wine and Marmite ! Well, here's my first attempt - I think it could do with being a bit spicier next time. How do you make yours?

 Corned Beef Hash


ingredients :

drizzle of oil
2 onions
5 potatoes
1 tin corned beef
1 tin beans
seasoning : Steak Seasoning, Garlic & Herb Seasoning and lots of thyme (or whatever you fancy)


Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan and fry the chopped onions for a few minutes until soft and translucent.


In a separate pan, chop the potatoes into small pieces and boil in salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve.


Add the potatoes to the onions and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Add a little extra oil if necessary. Season generously with whatever you fancy. Next time, I'll add lots of paprika and maybe some Tabasco sauce to give it a kick.


Add the chopped corned beef.


Mix in the beans. Heat through and serve topped with a fried egg.

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Globe-cooking recipe : Carapulcra (Peru)

5 comments:

  1. wow, this looks so nice! I will give it a try next week, I think!

    @mummiafelice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corned beef hash, but fried onions don't agree with my wife! I used to make in by mashing the potatoes and mixing in the corned beef and onions, then make into patties before frying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds lovely - might have to try that next :)

      Delete
  3. that looks yummy, definite comfort food

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, want this right now! Thanks so much for linking up to #tastytuesdays x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...