Sunday 16 November 2014

Sunday weigh-in : Normal service is resumed (eek !)


I haven't done a weekly weigh-in post for the last two Sundays because life has got in the way ! It's also got in the way of my healthy eating efforts so I know this week's weigh-in is going to be a reality check ! Two weeks ago, my internet access was down all day and it was also my birthday which was celebrated with a huge chocolate cake - delicious but deadly ! Last weekend we were in London, having a fab time and that also involved a delicious but undiet-friendly Full English Breakfast at the hotel (it had to be done !) and a meal in a restaurant.

So ... here I go trudging reluctantly to the scales ... 86.2kg, a gain of 2.3kg - it could have been worse ! That's just wiped out my fabulous loss of the last weigh-in but never mind, it'll come off again.

Positives of the week

- We've had great fun and that's the main thing !

- Foodwise in general, it hasn't been bad - lots of soup on the menu. I need to get back into eating a Slimfast shake for lunch instead of going to the canteen at work but they turn the heating off over lunchtime and it's been freezing in my classroom. Maybe I could tie it in with a walk outside to keep warm ?

Current targets 

Last week's target : I know it's not sustainable to have a loss like this every week so I'll aim for any loss. (Part of me is expecting the scales to go back to last week's weight and tell me the batteries need changing !!) (Hmm that was a premonition !!)

This week's targets : Get back on track. Lose the weight I put back on since my last weigh-in (get back to 83.8kg) by the end of the month.

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months -
first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) by next week (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.6kg, my pre-holiday weight, by the end of September(done)
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures by Halloween
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 83.8kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 86.2kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  7.6kg
STILL TO GO : 18.1kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : +2.3kg



Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)







Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

We Will Do It! Support Linky on The Purple Pumpkin Blog

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh sometimes life just gets in the way I'm glad to see you back though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% that life is for living. I hope that you had a lovely birthday, your cake sounded yummy! I've been off track too these last few weeks, I think the cooler weather naturally makes us more hungry. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jayne, lots of people have been saying the same thing, funnily enough ! xx

      Delete
  3. Its nice to have those weeks, especially around your birthday too :) Lets see what next week brings us both :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It doesn't really sound like you've done too badly, some cake, a full English, it's not going to spoil anything.

    I think the important thing is that you're active, life happens, eating cake every so often isn't the worst thing. Although the heating is on it can be quite cold at work, I keep thinking I should buy a flask and take some soup in to go with my sandwich at lunch.

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a little flask actually, hadn't thought about soup (I don't drink tea of coffee) so that would be great :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...