Tuesday 25 November 2014

Aquaint Sanitising Water review


My baby days are long behind me but I still remember those first few panic-stricken months when you want to sterilise everything in sight, from bottles and dummies to teething rings and plastic toys. I remember constantly disinfecting the high chair tray and boil-washing cuddly toys every now and then in an attempt to get rid of any nasty germs that may be lurking on them. But then I used to worry about what nasty chemicals may be lurking in the disinfectant products themselves !

Aquaint to the rescue ! It is a 100% natural, eco-friendly, water-based sanitiser that is completely safe for your children to handle and use because, unbelievably, it is harmless even if they accidentally drink it! I wouldn't recommend it but that is definitely reassuring. Apparently, it can even be used as a mouthwash - although I'd personally be worried about this giving kids the idea that all cleaning products are safe to put in your mouth.

 Water provides the base for the product and its only other ingredient is hypochlorous acid, a harmless, natural acid produced by the human body which provides its anti-bacterial properties. It kills 99.9% of bacteria in seconds which is rather impressive. It's the safest sanitiser on the market and certainly the most child-friendly. 

Even if The Madhouse is a baby-free zone, it's still a really handy product to have. I love giving the wooden chopping board a quick spritz every day, it's perfect for wiping down the worktops and the bin and if anyone has a dodgy tummy, I use it everywhere from the toilet seat and flush to door handles and light switches ! When I've been doing disgusting jobs like the bins or cleaning the toilet (oh, I have such a glamorous life !), I always feel queasy about going straight on to preparing food, even if I've washed my hands, so a quick spritz of Aquaint gives me great peace of mind.

The smaller bottle is great for days out, for keeping in the car, my handbag or my coat pocket – the kids always seem to want to eat a snack when we're out geocaching and we've been digging about in the dirt or stroking farm animals so it's a great product for when you can't get to a sink to wash your hands.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : 500ml trigger spray bottle £4.99, 50ml finger pump bottle £2.49

available in Boots, Babies R Us, Ocado, Vital Baby, JoJo Maman Bebe, NCT Shop and Amazon

for more information : www.aquaint-uk.com



Disclosure : I received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in:

Almost enough to make me feel broody ! (review)

2 comments:

  1. I had not come across this before but I shall look out for some especially as it comes in different sizes to suit your needs.I shall tell my daughter-in-law about it as she has five children and this would be so helpful to her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...