Tuesday 18 November 2014

Gelli Baff review


The Madhouse kids love bathtime, not so much for the washing and shampooing part but mainly for the playing with the oodles of bath toys and empty bottles lined up on the side of the bath ! Well, bath playtime got taken to a new level today when I pulled out a box of Gelli Baff that we'd received to review. As the name suggests, it turns your bathwater into jelly. As an adult, I thought this sounded as disgusting as sitting in a bath full of cold beans but the Madhouse kids squealed with delight and anticipation !


The box contains two sachets and an instruction guide.


The first bag needs to be sprinkled in the water to make the gloop and, after you've finished playing in it, the second sachet dissolves it again so you can wash it down the plughole.


The first thing I learned is that you don't run a normal bath - it works best if you put about 6cm of water in an average bath but this can be adjusted until you find the perfect consistency.


The water turned instantly blue (we had Lagoon Blue but other colours are available too - Princess Pink, Lava Blast Red and Swamp Green) and slightly gloopy, but I have to admit, I was a bit underwhelmed.


The kids loved the strange feel as they squished it through their fingers and splashed about so I left them to it as I folded the washing in the next room.


When I came back ten minutes later, it had got much thicker and really gloopy with the consistency of thick wallpaper paste. The Madhouse kids were having a whale of a time. (I'd warned them, reading from the box, that it shouldn't be eaten and they should avoid getting it in their eyes.) The only bad thing was, because you can only put about 6cm of water in the bath, I was worried about them getting cold so I had to cut the play session a bit shorter than they would have liked. (I think they'd have stayed in it for hours !) I'll be very tempted to buy some of this for the summer months to fill the paddling pool with, then they can splash about in goo to their hearts' content all afternoon !


I was a bit concerned about it clogging up the pipes but the second sachet instantly makes it go runny again (the Madhouse kids were very impresed and thought it was magic !) and adding extra water makes it all disappear down the plughole with no problems whatsoever.

The fun doesn't stop there though. Looking at the Gelli Baff website, they have loads of different products available and I'm sure they'd all be hugely appealing to the Madhouse kids - Gelli Baff Colour Change, Gelli Baff Smelli, Gelli Snow, Slime Baff, Gelli Play Table Top, Moshi Monsters Moshi Goo, Squishy Baff and Messy Play. They even have G-Spa Therapeutic Gel Bath with aromatherapy oils which is basically Gelli Baff for grown-ups - oooh I might be tempted after all !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £4.99

for more information : http://www.gellibaff.com/



Disclosure : We received the product in order to write an honest review.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Fudge in My Kitchen : Vanilla Rainbow Fudge

2 comments:

  1. We made a video on Gelli Snow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgNHr46f9bs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...