Wednesday 5 November 2014

Our Nostalgic #AngelDelightsMoments


When BritMums announced a new challenge focusing on Angel Delight, I couldn't help but smile, remembering eating gallons of the stuff when I was a child. Strawberry was the usual flavour that my mum made, with the odd occasion when we'd go for Butterscotch, just to keep things interesting ! I couldn't believe the new flavour that was launched in September though - Bubblegum flavour !


It looks just the way I remember it (not that I used to have much to do with the making of it - it just used to magically appear on the table at the end of a meal as a special surprise !). It's a very fine powder that whips up into a thick creamy dessert in just a few minutes. There's certainly no mistaking the bubblegum flavour - you can smell it as soon as you rip the top off the pack ! 


I have to admit, I wasn't sure about the flavour, which seemed a bit sickly to me. I must be getting old though because the kids absolutely loved it


Because there was a straw in the box with the sundae glass, they all wanted to drink it through a straw which was hilarious because it was way too thick and they all made very strange faces as they sucked as hard as they could. (The back of the pack has two sets of instructions - one for the traditional instant dessert which I made and one for milkshake, which sounds rather nice too.)


The Madhouse kids said that they loved the flavour and the fluffiness and they were totally wowed that it could be made in just five minutes.


I've had to promise that I'll buy some more and that we'll try out some of the other flavours too. I haven't eaten Angel Delight for years but I think it's definitely back on the menu as a regular fixture  at The Madhouse now !

Disclosure : This post is an entry for #AngelDelightMoments Linky Challenge. Find out more on the Angel Delight Facebook page

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Kiddie Kitchen Fun : Cheerios Frankenstein's Monsters

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading how you got on and the pics are lovely. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...