Monday 2 February 2015

Making Vanilla Cupcakes with a little help from Betty Crocker !


Yesterday was just too cold and wet for going out geocaching so I decided to do some baking with Pierre instead. (Juliette was too busy making Monster High dolls house accessories from the contents of the recycling bin and various household objects - I kid you not  and they're actually quite good!) Anyway, back to the baking ! I decided to use one of the American Betty Crocker baking kits and we opted for Vanilla Cupcakes. Pierre thought this was a very good choice, as you can see.


Inside the box, you get some (rather squished) cupcake cases, a bag of cupcake mix, a bag of icing mix and a sachet of white chocolate sprinkles. You need to add some butter, oil and 2 eggs.


I'm still always very impressed when I see Pierre effortlessly crack an egg into the bowl !


He barely needed my help at all, which is why I love baking kits because it gives him the satisfaction of needing no input from me for measuring and weighing.


As Pierre licked the bowl, I popped the cupcakes into the oven for 16 minutes (along with the roast dinner - I wasn't sure if this would contaminate them but it didn't !)


Once they'd cooled, we mixed up the butter and the icing mix and started to ice them - it was very hard going though because the icing was quite firm.


Time to add the chocolate sprinkles, which Pierre took very seriously !


Although judging by the chocolate sprinkle on his nose, some of them accidentally landed in his mouth when I wasn't looking !

The cupcakes are quite firm and spongy - moreso than when I make them from scratch - but the kids declared them delicious and have been working their way through them rather swiftly !

4 comments:

  1. he looks very pleased with the results, I really like these kits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to use a cake mix for him to bake independently, i must try that with my son. Those cakes look great.
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww looks like you have a happy baker! Looks like he is enjoyed this baking very much =) #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Giving them the freedom to do everything makes them feel all grown-up. #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...