If you saw how much fun we had making sock puppets yesterday, you'll understand why this story really appealed to us here at The Madhouse. As I told you a few weeks ago, PG Tips have released a special limited edition Red Nose Day pack (which is in the shops now) and to celebrate the Comic Relief partnership, the PG Tips mascot has been monkeying around at The Shard. Have a look at his death-defying exploits in the video below :
All in the name of Red Nose Day, Monkey donned his red and green outfit, packed up his selfie stick and headed to complete his mission.After over two hours in hair and make-up with Lucy Mecklenburgh, Monkey began his ascent to a crowd of cheering fans, remembering all the fitness tips imparted to him by Thom Evans during his training. Soon enough he got a case of the wobbles as those big London landmarks suddenly didn’t look so big anymore; but thankfully his pal Robbie Savage was on the end of the phone for some last minute emotional support.
With some regular pauses for breath and the promise of a hot cuppa at the end, Monkey finally reached the top of the View from The Shard after a nail biting 7 hours and 15 minutes.
Monkey’s Monumental Mission in Numbers:
· Total mission time: 7 hours 15 minutes (that’s a personal best, don’t you know)
· Celebri-tea training squad: 3 people – covering fitness (Thom Evans), motivation (Robbie Savage) and glam (Lucy Mecklenburgh)
· Training period: 6 weeks (agonising!)
· Start time: 08:25 on 17th February 2015
· Finish time: 15:40 on 17th February 2015
· Time spent in hair & make up: 2 hours 14 minutes
· Cups of PG tips drunk by the team, cast and crew during the climb: 216
· Diva tantrums thrown by Monkey during training: 7
· Selfies taken during training: 6,537
To show your support, pick up a special limited edition pack of PG tips, resplendent in Red Nose glory. The special pack features your very own Red Nose Day Monkey wearing his unique Red Nose Day outfit, free with every pack.
To find out more information about the PG tips Red Nose Day partnership visit www.pgtips.co.uk/RedNoseDay.