Sunday 8 February 2015

My next globe-cooking destination : Portugal


A new Kitchen Trotter box has landed and this month we're off, culinary speaking, to Portugal. Lots of intriguing-looking authentic ingredients in this one, including a Toucinho do Céu mix, for a traditional almond cake which literally translates as Bacon from Heaven. Now that's just bizarre !


Eek octopus. This one instinctively makes me want to run from the room screaming but I'm willing to give it a try and I'm sure Juliette will like it because she loves squid.


I couldn't work out if these were crisps or pasta - it turns out it's Batata palha, which are like potato chipsticks. Slightly strange because these will became a main meal !


Some Peri Peri seasoning and some Almond Biscuits.


They may look very similar but I'd better not mix them up ! On the left, Garlic Puree and on the right, Orange and Port Jam.


And these little moulds are for Pasteis de Nata (Portuguese Custard Cups).

On to the all-important recipes.


Sardine fritters with Octopus Salad


Pork with Clams and Potatoes


Bacalhau a Bras (which uses those chipsticks)


Portuguese desserts - Orange Tart and Toucinho do Céu


Pasteis de Nata (Portuguese Custard Cups)

I'm not a huge seafood fan so I'm not sure what we'll make of some of these but I'll be sure to let you know !

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! ***

1 comment:

  1. Your blog should come with a warning for all those on a diet!! All the food is amazing! Sim x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...