Sunday 1 February 2015

Madhouse recipe : Chorizo & Kale Stuffed Courgettes


I couldn't resist picking up some round courgettes when I saw them at the market - they're great for stuffing and can be filled with pretty much anything so they're ideal for using up leftovers or odds and ends from the fridge !

 Chorizo & Kale Stuffed Courgettes


round courgettes (2 per person, depending on size)

1 onion
1 clove of garlic
1/2 red pepper
1/2 bag kale
1/2 large chorizo, chopped
1/2 jar chilli & tomato chutney (or similar - that's what was lurking at the back of our fridge !)
1 pack of microwaveable rice (or leftover cooked rice)
1 small slice of cheddar per courgette


Chop the tops off the courgettes and use a teaspoon to carefully scoop out the flesh. Chop the flesh and reserve. Chop up an onion and a clove of garlic and gently fry in a drizzle of olive oil. Add the courgette flesh, the kale, the red pepper and the chorizo. Fry until nicely coloured and softened then add the cooked rice and the chutney. Stir to combine and leave to cool slightly.


Use the mixture to stuff the courgettes and put them on a baking tray.


Put a square of cheddar on top of each courgette and bake in the oven at 180° for 20 minutes (or more depending on size - these ones were small).

Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

9 comments:

  1. Great idea, I don't think I have seen round courgettes, just long thin ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often pick up the yellow round courgettes and Kale and Chorizo are both ingredients of choice in our household so this will be going on the menu next time I purchase courgettes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often struggled finding good recipes for courgettes, this one is now on my shopping list as we all love chorizo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've stuffed them with all sorts - spelt and bacon, rice and spicy tuna, leftover chicken from the Sunday roast with rice ... anything goes really !

      Delete
  4. I've often struggled finding good recipes for courgettes, this one is now on my shopping list as we all love chorizo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chorizo, it is one of my favourite meats, it is so full of flavour. This looks lovely x #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, I'm obsessed with kale! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...