Sunday 22 February 2015

Sunday weigh-in : First full week on Dukan 2


After last week's aborted effort at trying the Dukan 2 diet, I was determined to do it properly this week, even if I remained sceptical. I've just jumped on the scales and was delighted to see 85.7kg flash up - that's almost a 2kg loss which has flabbergasted me because, apart from the Monday, I'm not really eating that differently to before. I've even allowed myself a few treats into the mix. Here's a rundown of my week foodwise :

Monday (protein only day) - Took in half a pack of ham and a pack of crab sticks to work for lunch, same as last week. Very boring but, strangely, quite filling and I didn't feel hungry until I was cooking the kids' tea at about 6pm so I ate early with them. I cooked up the leftover roast chicken with a squeeze of tomato puree, a bit of low fat crème fraîche and some onion and garlic. I had mine with konjac noodles, the rest of the family had pasta, so it felt like I was eating the same as them. Finished off with some yogurt and diet coke. I do really miss my fruit and veg on Mondays but this is supposed to be the boost to lose weight each week.

Tuesday (protein & veg day) - Today was the leaving day for the Polish group (phew - back to normal hours !) so I had a few obligatory nibbles and mini-sandwiches. I was planning on making that do for lunch but ended up getting roped into a trip to McDonalds. I felt very virtuous with a Dukan-friendly chicken Caesar salad and diet coke. Dinner was tomatoes stuffed with mince, but I did eat the last couple of forkfuls of Pierre's butter-smothered baked potato and half a strawberry jam covered pancake, in honour of Shrove Tuesday !

Wednesday (protein, veg + fruit allowed) - Day off so I could control the menu - easy peasy as it's a PV (protein + veg) day with fruit allowed too. Lunch was peppered steak with baked tomatoes, onions, red peppers and mushrooms. Dinner was salmon with Moroccan spices, with a bag of frozen Italian-style veg. Fruit, yogurt and diet coke in the evening in front of the telly.

Thursday (bread allowed too) - Went to the school canteen for lunch with no idea what their Chinese New Year menu would offer - managed to find some reasonably Dukan-friendly options. Prawn, pink grapefruit and lettuce salad for starter, Thai chicken with rice (rice is not supposed to be on today's menu but never mind), yogurt and fruit for dessert. Don't feel like I'm restricting what I eat at all but I jumped on the scales this morning and was delighted to see 86.3kg - it probably won't change much now before Sunday as the kickstart is Monday's protein-only day but that's still great. Drinks and nibbles after a work meeting but I had a glass of fizzy water and two Tuc biscuits so it could have been worse ! Bowl of homemade vegetable soup for tea. Treated myself to two of the cupcakes we made in front of Eastenders live !

Friday (cheese allowed) - I usually feel bad about weighing myself every day but Dukan says it's a good thing and reminded me today that I haven't been tracking my weight. Stunned to see 85.8kg flash up this morning. Woohoo ! Eating in a restaurant this lunchtime but have been trying to think of the most Dukan friendly option - maybe salad or maybe couscous (lots of meat and veg and I can go easy on the couscous). Finished off the vegetable soup with fruit and yogurt for dinner.

Saturday (carbs day) - Queso Fundido (basically cheesy chilli) for lunch with wholemeal pitta bread. Dinner was Polish stuffed cabbage rolls with potato & vegetable patties and 2 leftover Bernard Matthews Golden Drummers from the kids' plates. Finished off with yogurt and fruit. Also treated myself to 3 chocolates and the final cupcake in the afternoon.

Positives of the week

- I feel like I've been pigging out all week but the weight has been dropping off. As long as you go heavy on meat and veg and limit the other food groups as advised, it's effortless - no worrying about portion sizes or calorie counting. I've actually been feeling full of energy - maybe through reducing sugar/processed carbs so it's like detoxing? Not sure but it seems to be working.

- Badges have jumped from 6kg lost/47lb to go/14lb lost to 8kg lost/43lb to go/18lb lost. Achieved my second target - get back to my pre-Christmas weight of 85.9kg. (Admittedly I thought I'd have achieved this by mid-January but I'd hit a plateau.) The third goal is now in sight.

- I'm feeling majorly motivated now and, as I'm on holiday for two weeks, it should be easier to control the menu and also get in lots of walking and geocaching

Current targets 

Last week's target : Follow Dukan 2 for the week. (done)

This week's targets : Getting into the 84 point somethings would be fantastic. That third goal (getting weight lost into double figures) is tantalisingly close

Short-term targets 21kg to lose sounds a lot but breaking it down, aiming for 1kg a week, that's only about 5 months - plenty of time for heading off to Turkey in August !

first target, get my "weight to lose" badge down into the 40's (it's currently on 51lb) (done),
 second goal - get back to 85.9kg, my pre-xmas weight (done )
third goal : get my "kg lost" badge back into double figures 
fourth goal : get my "weight loss" badge higher than my "still to go" badge
fifth goal : get back into my (smallest) bright blue jeans comfortably
sixth goal : get back to 77kg - my lowest weight since my pregnancies

Longer-term targets :  Hit my target weight of 68kg. 

START WEIGHT :93.7kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 67.8kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 87.5kg 
WEIGHT TODAY : 85.7kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  8.1kg
STILL TO GO : 17.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -1.8kg

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to my weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement. You can even grab the linkie code and add it to your own blog if you like. :)












Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


14 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really good. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic weight loss! Sounds like the Dukan 2 diet is really working. To be honest, I have been enjoying Steak with mushrooms and onions recently - simply a plate of that. It has been bliss! I can live without carbs when I try! :) Hope you are having a good week! Sim #WeightLossWednesday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I've noticed actually - I was expecting a totally faddy diet but much of what I've been eating (meat or fish + veg) is what was on the menu anyway. Fingers crossed it wasn't a one-off !

      Delete
  3. Wow well done that's a fantastic loss this week!
    AliceMegan

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's amazing, very well done. It sounds like the Dukan diet has really worked for you. Good luck for next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the loss and you are clearly aware of what you eat which is half the battle I think. Heard about Dukan only recently so will look into it a bit more. I am eating loads of protein and veg and that seems to be doing the trick and I have given up bread as part of trying to reverse the prediabetes thing. All the best - we can do this thing and I will get promoting your post. Thanks for joining in with Muffin Top Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done you that sounds like a great week. ive heard lots of good things about the dukan diet and your post makes it sound really manageable, keep up the good work! #muffintopmonday

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is brilliant. I am definitely going to have to look into this diet. I quite like the idea of more protein and veg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done, good to hear it has gone well. Thanks for joining #Linked

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your loss! Is it all animal protein they suggest? I know it can be damaging in large quantities over time, especially to the kidney - I'd never wish kidney pain on anyone, it's so excruciatingly painful. Are you enjoying following the diet?

    Sharon xx
    Beauty, Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it can be meat, fish, eggs, tofu, Konjac ... there's a list of 72 "authorised foods", plus you can have milk, yogurt, etc. I think I'll tend to go for a meaty lunch or a protein shake and a konjac or eggy evening meal. It's actually a lot better than I expected

      Delete
    2. I had a look on their website and there were so many options. I tend to keep my protein quite low when I'm having kidney pain - my function is ok but I don't want to over work the 1 1/2 kidneys I have! I tried to aim for 100g a day of veggie protein a couple of years back before the surgery but it was agony. Doing something different does spur the body on so it's always good to give your diet a shake up, I think I need an overhaul just to give it a nudge without overdoing it! xx

      Delete
    3. The basic list of foods is here : http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/the-dukan-diet/method/food-list

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...