Tuesday 24 February 2015

Madhouse recipe : Spicy Bacon & Chickpea Soup #Knorr #ProductOfTheYear


As I told you yesterday when I shared my recipe for Monday Pie, Knorr challenged me to come up with a recipe (or several) using their Flavour Pots which have just won first prize in the Sauce & Seasoning category for this year’s Product of the Year awards. They're really versatile and are great for adding a bit of oomph to the simplest of dishes ... like this soup which is as quick as it is delicious because it uses a trio of Flavour Pots to deliver instant flavour, rather than having to slave over creating the perfect rich stock as a soup base.


 Spicy  Bacon & Chickpea Soup


ingredients:

1 pack bacon lardons
1 large onion
1 Knorr Garden Herbs Flavour Pot
1 Knorr Garlic Flavour Pot
1 Knorr Paprika Flavour Pot
2 carrots
2 leeks
1 large tin of chickpeas (or use dried, soaked overnight, if you have the time)



Put the bacon in a large pot and cook on a moderate heat. Peel and chop the onion and add to the pot.


Drain off the excess fat then add the three Knorr Flavour Pots.


Peel and chop the carrots and the leeks and add to the pot, along with some boiling water. Leave to simmer and reduce for 15 minutes then add the drained chickpeas for an extra 10 minutes. Add extra water is required.

Disclosure  : This is an entry for the #Knorr #ProductOfTheYear blogger challenge. I received a hamper of ingredients, including the entire range of Knorr Flavour Pots, as well as a shopping voucher for extra ingredients.

3 comments:

  1. The looks really tasty. I normally just add soup broth when I make soup, but like the idea of the chickpeas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soups, and this one is just bursting with flavours. Yum! I recently cooked a Moroccan chickpea soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Moroccan flavours so I'll come over and have a look :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...