Tuesday 3 February 2015

Schwartz Spanish Smoked Paprika Chicken Flavour Shot review


I had some leftover cooked pork to use up from the Sunday roast so I went looking in the cupboard for inspiration. I came across this Schwartz Spanish Smoked Paprika Chicken Flavour Shot which, I think, came out of a Degustabox and which sounded perfect. I've already tried (and reviewed) the Spanish Paella Flavour Shots, the Italian Herb Creamy Tagliatelle Flavour Shots and the Indian Spicy Jalfrezi Flavour Shots so I knew what to expect - a blend of oil infused with herbs and spices. The complete ingredients list is  Sunflower Oil (52%), Dried Onion, Smoked Paprika (9%), Dried Garlic, Salt, Sugar, Flavourings (Milk), Ground Fennel Seed, Oregano, Bay Leaves, Ground Cumin, Black Pepper, Thyme, Cayenne Pepper, Colour (Paprika Extract), Antioxidant (Extracts of Rosemary).


I followed the recipe from the pack, just substituing roast pork for the suggested chicken breast. Heat the contents of the pot in a frying pan then add a chopped onion.


Toss in the chopped roast pork and a chopped red pepper.


Add a tin of chopped tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes until the pork is piping hot all the way through.

You get a hearty, rustic, Spanish-inspired meal on the table within minutes, making it perfect for a quick midweek supper after a long day at work. The instructions on the pack say that you could add chopped chorizo - I left this out because I was worried about it being too spicy for the kids, but that would actually have been a welcome addition to give it a bit of a kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...