Saturday 14 January 2012

Method Peony Blossom Laundry Detergent review



I love method, as much for their gorgeously-fragranced cleaning products as for their faultless eco-credentials, so when I was offered a bottle of their laundry detergent to review, I jumped at the chance. With three kids here at The Madhouse, our "Mount Washmore" is constantly growing so testing out new laundry products is never a problem !

I have actually reviewed method laundry detergent in the past (here), but I'd tried the fresh air fragrance which, unsurprisingly, didn't smell of much. Although I was impressed at the incredibly small amount of detergent that you need to put in each wash and the incredibly clean and simple to use pump-action bottle, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of fragrance.

I was therefore keen to discover the wonderfully evocatively-named "Peony Blossom" fragrance. Well, despite usually being blown away by the big, brash and utterly gorgeous fragrances used by method, I still felt that this one didn't pack much of a punch, possibly because you use such a small amount of detergent each time. It smells pleasant enough when you squirt it into the washing machine drawer but the smell disappears once you pull the wet clothes out of the machine, which is a bit of a shame.

It does the job well though and I still totally love the mess-free pump-action bottle that doesn't drip everywhere when you put it back in the cupboard and which you can even use one-handed (good news if you've a busy multi-tasking parent !). The eco-friendly pouch may sound expensive at £14 but it contains enough detergent for an amazing 85 washes, which works out at a very cheap 16p a wash, which is good news for the pocket as well as the planet.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £5.99 (for 25 washes), also available as a refill pouch £14 (for 85 washes)

for more information : www.methodproducts.co.uk

Other reviews you may be interested in :


3 comments:

  1. I tried this recently and loved it, its got a lovely smell

    ReplyDelete
  2. pump action bottle is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame the smell doesn't seem strong. I love the idea of a pump action bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...