Saturday 7 January 2012

MuTu System update : Week 1


I told you last week (here) that one of my New Year's resolutions involves following the MuTu System, a fitness and well-being programme especially designed for mums (however long ago they had kids) to get their Mummy Tummy in shape (which is where the MuTu name comes from).

Well, my email from the lovely Wendy with week 2's video has just popped into my inbox so that means here we are at the end of week 1 already. I survived !! For a 12 week programme, I was expecting this to be something pretty intensive that threw you in at the deep end and left you feeling out of breath and out of your depth before you've even started (like most of the "New Year New You" fitness DVDs to hit the shelves just after they've removed the crackers and wrapping paper).

But it wasn't at all. In fact it all seemed so simple, I had to go back and check midweek that I hadn't missed out a part (the difficult part !). I'm sure it's just the calm before the storm but I'm heading into week 2 feeling upbeat, chilled-out and confident. I'm actually looking forward to discovering week 2's video, to see what's next, feeling positive that it won't be too difficult or impossible to achieve, and actually wanting something to get my teeth into that's a bit trickier than week 1 !

So what happened in week 1 ? Well, I feel like the main muscle I've been using this week is my brain, getting into the right place psychologically before trying to get into the right place physically. It involved a bit of a physical (and therefore emotional) stocktake, noting down measurements and goals, and - eeek ! - taking a full length photo of yourself in a bikini or underwear in the mirror. Wendy says "I know you'll hate me now but you'll be really pleased in about 12 weeks time when you look back". OK, I'll reserve judgement on that one for now then !!

Apart from that, there was a bit of clearing the junk out of the cupboard (well, it's still there for the kids but I've been avoiding the sweets and biscuits ... for the most part !), making a conscious effort to drink lots of water and following the first series of exercises that mainly involve breathing ! See ? I told you it wasn't difficult ! There are three exercises to do and two of them you can do at the bus stop, while cooking dinner or while watching TV so they're easy to fit into the day wherever you are. And the strangest part is, you actually can feel the muscles working, even though it's effortless.


One thing I'm supposed to have done is evaluate how far apart my abdominal muscles got stretched during pregnancy but, even following the instructions on the video, I can't work it out at all ! Oh well, I'll just assume they're at the worst possible stage and take it from there !

Obviously, no huge changes these week so let's see what week 2 brings !

for more information : http://mutusystem.com

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it appear really easy with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually something which I believe I might by no
    means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely vast
    for me. I am having a look ahead for your subsequent publish, I'll attempt to get the cling of it!

    Take a look at my website; [主页]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...