Saturday 14 January 2012

Ecover Pomegranate & Lime Washing Up Liquid review


A few months ago, I was asked if I'd like to sign up to become an "Agent of Change" for Ecover to help spread the word about their eco-friendly household cleaning products by handing out samples and money-off vouchers to my friends. Well, that was a bit of a no-brainer - of course I did !



As you can see from the picture, they sent through a whole box full of samples, money-off vouchers, brochures and rather funky Mona Lisa postcards to hand out. I was very popular at the school gates for a while, I can tell you !

But I also received a bottle to try for myself so we've been putting it through its paces in the Madhouse kitchen. Well, first of all, I absolutely love the fragrance. It's fruity, uplifting and perfect for some Feel-Good Cleaning, which is what Ecover are promoting at the moment, as I told you in this blogpost here.

The washing-up liquid is thick and not overly runny, like some of the cheaper brands. It doesn't create a huge amount of bubbles but it's still effective at cutting through grease and grime on plates, pots and pans, without drying your hands out. When I use it, I don't have to keep reapplying washing up liquid to the sponge for it to keep cleaning effectively, which means a bottle lasts for a long time.

But it's also gentle, on both your skin and the planet. Ecover explain : "All of our washing up liquids are GHI Approved and carry the Sensitive Skin logo. Made from plant-based ingredients, Ecover washing up liquids leave no unnecessary chemical residue; what gets washed away biodegrades quickly and completely with minimum impact on nature , and you can even use the leftover grey water to water your plants. Kind to both your skin and the environment, our bottles are 100% recyclable and made from 100% Plant-astic plant-based plastics."                                                    

If you're wondering how to join in as an Agent of Change, you can find out how to apply here.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.39 for 1l


Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Ecover's concentrated laundry liquids

15 comments:

  1. my daughter got this stuff through as well and gave me a sample, cant say I was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps your apply here link does not work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just had an extra http surplus to requirements, working now :)

      Delete
  3. I love Ecover and the new scent sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really Ecover products! I am a regular consumer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just applied, I worry about all the chemicals we are using nowadays these look fab

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, thanks for letting me know about this, I hadn't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the Ecover stuff but I haven't seen this fragrance, I'll have to look out for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @needaphone looks interesting.. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That washing up liquid looks like it would smell very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fact that the water can be used to water your plants - saving water as well!

    @beachrambler/Hazel Rea

    ReplyDelete
  11. the concentrated laundry liquid is making holes in my sheets and towels, has anyone else had the same experience ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek, no problems here, although I did have to water down the concentrated fabric softener a bit or it gunked up the dispenser drawer. Have you emailed them about it ?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...