Thursday 19 February 2015

Half-term Boredom Buster : Put on a Puppet Show #FloraFamilyFun


Here at The Madhouse, we have an entire bag full of odd socks. I'm sure the washing machine must have eaten some of them but I think there must be many more stuffed behind radiators, under beds or in the backs of cupboards in the kids' rooms (but I can never find them, however hard I look !)



I was therefore very pleased when I looked at one of the activities in the Flora Family Fun Guide and realised that it would be a great way of giving them a new lease of life - turning them into sock puppets !


Ever the optimist, I steered away from the recommended sewing and glueing and used double-sided sellotape so that, on the off-chance that the missing socks resurface, I can whip off the facial features and nobody will be any the wiser ! 


These foam shapes are brilliant - we used them for our handprint crafting yesterday too, which I will show you in another post. We had great fun making them and Pierre ran all over the house making his new friends talk and showing them around his room !

All of the projects in the Flora Buttery Family Fun Guide only take a few minutes and use things you're likely to have around the house. 






Disclosure : We received a Boredom Buster kit.

2 comments:

  1. I have lots of odd socks too! Mostly my husband's! This is such a nice idea and the double sided tape makes everything so nice too for you never know when that pair would show up =) #letkidsbekids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab idea, we have lots of odd socks too. Those puppets are very cute and it looks like Pierre is very proud of them!
    Thanks for sharing #LetKidsbeKids

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...