Friday 27 February 2015

Maggi So Tender Italian Herbs Chicken review


I'm on holiday so I've been doing the traditional kitchen cupboard inventory to clear out all the stuff that's been lurking in the back of the cupboard before it passes its use-by date. I came across this pack of Maggi So Tender Italian Herbs Chicken that had come in a Degustabox some time ago and decided it was perfect for lunch today.


Inside the pack, you get four herb-crusted sheets of cooking paper. You just need to put a chicken fillet on one half then fold it over. As there are five of us and there were six fillets in the pack, I doubled up on two of them and squished two pieces of chicken inside each one, which worked fine.


You place each paper parcel in a dry frying pan - there's no need to add any oil so it's a very healthy way of cooking. This also has the added advantage of making washing-up a breeze !


I was amazed at how well they work - the chicken stays lovely and juicy, becomes perfectly browned and ends up coated in all the herbs.


I was actually quite dubious about these before I tried them because I thought it was just a pointless gimmick, but I was very impressed so I'll be looking out for them on special offer. As well as the Italian Herbs one that we tried, they come in Mediterranean Tomato Chicken, Garlic Chicken and Paprika Chicken. I'd love to try these with salmon and fish too - I wonder why they're restricted to just chicken? 

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : 95p (but currently only 50p on Ocado)


4 comments:

  1. Wow I love the sound of these, they look so easy to use and the end result looks yummy!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone came to do my kitchen inventory for me. I bet I have some stuff that I forgot I had for ages. Haven't tried this Maggi pack, it sounds good. No washing? perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to have a clear-out every now and then. There are always some surprise finds !

      Delete
  3. looks yummy, I have tried a few bits in the maggi range

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...