Wednesday 11 February 2015

Globecooking recipe : Lemongrass Chicken (Vietnam)


Way back in June last year, my monthly Kitchen Trotter globe-cooking box featured Vietnamese recipes, including this one for Lemongrass Chicken. I sent Madhouse Daddy off to the supermarket with a shopping list with lemongrass scrawled on the bottom several times, but every time he came back empty handed. In the end, we went for a cheat's version and bought a tube of Very Lazy Lemongrass which may not be authentic but it was extremely convenient ! I also decided to use chicken breast instead of thighs, for a speedy supper.


Lemongrass Chicken 


ingredients :

4 chicken breasts
1 tube Very Lazy Lemongrass (or 3 stalks of fresh/dried lemongrass)
2 cloves of garlic
1 shallot
2tbsp soy sauce
1tbsp rice vinegar
1tbsp fish sauce (nuoc mam)
1tbsp sugar
4tbsp water


Put all of the ingredients in a bowl and marinate the chicken in it for a couple of hours.



Alternatively, if you're in a rush like I was, precook the chicken in a drizzle of olive oil. Pour over the remaining ingredients and cook for about 5-10 minutes untils it's cooked through. Turn off the heat and leave to absorb all those lovely flavours for 1/2 hour or so. 



Reheat the chicken thoroughly and adjust the seasoning to taste.


This could be served with rice or noodles. As I'm doing Dukan, I ate it with vegetables which was lovely too.

*** Don't miss my country-by-country globecooking recipe index ! *** 


Tasty Tuesdays on HonestMum.com

5 comments:

  1. This looks super yummy! Definitely giving it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks really tasty, loving the lemongrass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lemongrass, looks delicious. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious - I'll be trying this for my husband, he loves lemongrass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious - I'll be trying this for my husband, he loves lemongrass.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...